Trouble in Raleigh

Hello to everyone again, the newbie glowforge owner has another question. Laser has been working great, have maybe like 30 hours on it. Notice today that program would not recognize I had image? Which I did. Also it would not budge off of setup format.

If any part of you image is touching the grey area it won’t recognize it. Try shifting it slightly.

Make sure the image is in the cutting area. If it’s off the cut area just a bit, it won’t create a cutting line.

Yeah I shift it back and forth and nothing. Didn’t know if my internet was poor today or it needs lens cleaned

Yeah I shift it back and forth and nothing. Didn’t know if my internet was poor today or it needs lens cleaned

Can you post a picture of it?

Hi Raleigh neighbor :wave:

You can set up designs in the app even if your Glowforge is turned off, or has no lens in it at all. If you got the webpage open, you’re on the internet. So you can rule out your internet or lens as issues and just focus on setting up your design in the app.

It will show “No Artwork” until these 3 conditions are met:

1. You have uploaded or created some artwork that is within the printable area
  2. You have chosen a material at the top left corner or provided a material height
  3. You have chosen engrave/cut/score settings for all steps of the design in the left side of the app

Once all 3 conditions are met, the status changes to “Ready” and you can hit the print button.

5 Likes

Yeah I actually did that like three times, even turned iMac off and glowforge to
Try to reset it. But still wouldn’t do anything. What’s weird Is it happened like 20
Minutes after I did a Delrin stamp

I took a break from it lol

I would take a look at the image you are using. If the image is not a a raster or vector the software recognizes it will not load properly. Text is the most common issue. The SVG needs to be only rasters and vectors.

1 Like

Odd. Might try clearing your browser cache…?

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble while using the app. I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Share the screenshot here, and we’ll be happy to take a look. If you’d prefer to share it privately, you can email it to us at support@glowforge.com

Hi @shrumgraphics. We just received your email for another issue, and followed in with this issue in the email response as well. To avoid any miscommunication, I will go ahead and close this thread so we can continue any discussions and troubleshooting on there. Thank you!