Trouble printing full sheet earsavers file

I’m trying to print the earsavers file for my office reopening next week. When I upload GF’s design I get this message.
Filled Shape is open. filled shapes must have closed paths. Edit your artwork to remove the fill or close the shape.
I’m a newbie and have never edited any artwork. I’ve only used gf free files or drawn designs that I scan. The single earsaver worked fine, but I’d rather not have to print a bunch one at a time and want to make the most of my material.
Thanks for any help :grinning:

I believe the text in the actual Glowforge file is supposed to be Scored, not engraved. If you change the thumbnail that is listing as an Engrave to be a Score, it should work fine.

1 Like

How do I change the thumbnail?

Click on the thumbnail and you should get a popout. The settings for Engrave Score Cut and Ignore are listed at the top. Click on Score.

There’s a link to the training for how to do this here…just click the links in the lefthand column and it takes you to some training exercises and tutorials on how to do this kind of thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yay! Thank you so much.

1 Like

So I changed it to score and I get the same message about needing closed paths… any other ideas.

Did you set the Text to Ignore? (That’s the text down at the bottom about the warranty, not the stuff on the actual ear savers.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.