Trouble with editing out cut lines in InkScape

Hello! We are trying to create a keychain of our business logo. We have the design but are facing an issue with the loop being cut away from our logo. We are using InkScape. Can anyone help explain why the main logo is being cut away from the loop? We have attached some pics. Thx for any and all help!

logo glowforge community

2 Likes

It is being cut away because the cut line goes all the way around the logo in the original Inksckape file. You will have to delete the outline in Inkscape. If you share the file, someone will help do that.

1 Like

It’s in the post. I’ll get it in a second.

This is interesting. Making the image all thin strokes, it doesn’t seem connected at the loop. But they actually are. Line continues but actually the defined stroke seems to disappear between where it is cutting. I’ll break those those nodes and that segment and see if that makes a difference.

I’ve not see a segment of a line that isn’t a defined stroke. It does show up when selected though. Interesting. If you use the node tool to select, a thin red line appears to join the segments.

It’s hard to get it to show up, but notice the node handles. There is no terminating node and the line seems to continue. I’m not sure how to explain it technically.

Ok. I’m stumped. When I go to join the node of the bottom cut outline to the loop outer cut line, the main cut outline disappears. I’ve not encountered behavior like this before.

Ok. I figured it out. It was a clip path that was used to make the line disappear. That doesn’t work. You can’t use clip paths with Glowforge.

3 Likes

Looking at this file in outline mode there is a lot going on!

3 Likes

That’s what I did first, but it didn’t reveal all the clips. I believe this is correct here. I removed the clip path and the odd garbage on the right top. Then broke the nodes and rejoined.

logo glowforge community

Oh. Ok, I did look at it outline but had it zoomed in so close at the loop I didn’t notice all the clip path boxes.

7 Likes

Nice detective work there. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@asalidessertscafe, nice looking web site and if I am ever near I definitely will come to your café. It looks scrumptious.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.