Trouble with PG draft board

hey, has anyone experienced their pg materials not cutting through all the way? draft board seems particularly bad, walnut a close second. other pg materials are cutting great. and it’s not uniformly bad, as some spots in the same print are better cut then others, but none are going all the way through.

That can frequently be caused by a slight amount of warp in the material, and if you live in an area with high humidity, most materials warp.

If you pin the material down to the bed using these Honeycomb Pins it will normally cut through in one pass consistently.

2 Likes

First two steps when material fails to cut, or the cut profile starts to change, is verify that materials are flat, and then do a thorough cleaning of the windows and lens, and mirror if needed.

2 Likes

Thanks, ya’ll. I’m going to give the pins a try.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. I’m sorry that your print didn’t come out beautifully!

To cut successfully, there are three important things to check. First, your material must lie flat. This requires a clean, properly installed crumb tray and flat materials. Second, there must be no obstructions, dirt, or damage preventing the laser light from reaching your material. Third, your design must be set up properly - for example, with lines that are fully on the material and that are set to cut. It’s hard to know which issue might be affecting your print, but if you follow the instructions in the cut-through troubleshooter, we’ll be able to get to the bottom of it.

Once you’ve inspected and cleaned, please try another print. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on that Proofgrade Draftboard and let me know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let me know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.