Troubles with my Glowforge Today

Hello All - I use my Glowforge daily and since about noon it is not recognizing the artwork I upload. It’s nothing that I haven’t used successfully before on my Glowforge so I know it’s not me that’s the issue. Also, I can’t click on the Air Filter button. It isn’t responding. AND, the Beta Passthrough button is gone. I use this everyday for customer orders. I presume this is not just happening to me.

Same problem here. I’m on Glowforge Plus, but am stuck on “Centering” or “Scanning” with no head movement. I have gone through the troubleshooting steps for “Stuck on Calibrating” on the Glowforge Support pages.

Is it recognizing your artwork? Last week I was stuck on centering and scanning and it was a system wide or ‘cloud’ issue. It only lasted a couple hours. Hopefully they get us back up and running soon.

I have a Pro too. Can you use the toggle to turn on the air filter or beta passthrough?

Same here. Glowforge Plus, stuck on centering

Same… Got a reply from support and they extracted the logs and they say the issues might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on the lid. Checked them, everything looked fine, restarted everything from modem to GF, restarted my computer, logged in, turned on the machine and still same issue… Stuck at centering.

I’m just puzzled by why they think it’s the cables. When I didn’t do anything out of the normal of what I have been doing for the last 1-1/2 years, with no issues. Run a job that took about 3 hours perfectly 9/25/2020 with no issues. Then roughly 12 hours later, 9/26/2020 nothing works? Now it’s 9/29/2020 and still not getting past the centering or head movement.

Well, I don’t think all our cables had an issue a the same time. My guess, they are having issues again

1 Like

I agree everyone wouldn’t have cable issues at the same time. I also agree it has to be on their end… Just frustrated my machine has been stuck centering since Saturday.

It is MOST LIKELY a cloud issue that everyone is having but I actually did have issues recently and had to replace the black strip cables. My machine would work for one cut and then I would get stuck on centering. I would turn it off, back on and it would work for a cut.

After installing it everything worked perfectly. If you shut the machine off and then on will it work?

The cloud issues happened last week as well for about 3 hours and then were resolved. If you are STILL having issues I have to wonder if it is the strip cables.

Stuck centering can becaused by a great many issues, They made that black cable longer now but opening the lid too far can do it in. There are hundreds of parts that are pass/fail and they only have to fail once or they can even be intermittent. The logs are what gives hints of where the problem is.

There was an issue they now say is fixed so if you want to be sure reboot all.
(or just try again, but reboot if not working.)

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.