Trying to be patient

I am concerned that the reaction might be a bit strong to this, but have you been reading the regular updates? The March update explains what you are seeing. There was quite a bit of discussion about this back on the discussion thread.

7 Likes

Should note that shipping notices are also going out concurrently to non-forum frequent visitors according to shipping date. Seen first day customers getting notices that have never or rarely posted on the forum.

7 Likes

That is correct and even different from how I would read the March update on shipping. So order is being preserved with a few extra jumps. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

I could live with that if it was being applied to the original campaign first, but unfortunately as you were worried about someone who I donā€™t recall seeing in the forums, I could be wrong, who ordered four months after the end of the 30 day campaign seems more than a little extreme and only breed resentment for that person and this system.

Canā€™t correlate names on the forum with Facebook names. Iā€™ve been here since the first day and still donā€™t know the real names of most of the people I interact with daily.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s not how I read the @Tom_Aā€™s postā€¦
And the wolves ARE cuteā€¦

6 Likes

Of course, I wonder about this too. When I read the post, I was confused. It did occur to me that the user, I think, mentioned having no experience at all with a laser, and I thought they might be trying to get a production unit in the hands of a total NOOB? I suspect there are other early orders with no experience, but maybe they just found someone with a basic and a beta application who fit the bill.

Also, waiting sucks. Iā€™m a patient person and I still find myself cussing about it. This last set back has left me actually angry over a product that I really really want. Iā€™m trying to let it go, but I donā€™t have much patience for people who tell me to be happy because itā€™s going to be awesome. I have basically told people I know that Iā€™m not willing to discuss it with them. Itā€™s painful.

4 Likes

Happy to try - what was the question?

i think itā€™s people getting upset over perceived unfairness in shipping order.

1 Like

Iā€™ve learned not to guess at what question someone wants answered because I often guess wrong.

7 Likes

fortunately no guessing required here; it was in response to this post:

3 Likes

Most of us were under the assumption that the glowforges would be shipped in the order that they were purchased. That does not seem to be the case. How are you determining shipping order and is there a way that you can find out what order you are in the list? Even if Iā€™m towards the end of the list I would like to know approximately what month I should expect it so I can plan accordingly.

1 Like

You needed to sit on the forums replying to as many threads as you could in order to jump the queue. Sorry, hidden decision not revealed until shipping time.

The way I have understood it was that it was published in the March '17 update. There was some robust discussion regarding this but it didnā€™t get as much energy as the tube replacement issue.

3 Likes

Those are malamutes, not wolvesā€¦ Direct link to the photographerā€™s flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/devilstar/5418478976/

To be fair, malamutes are often used as wolves in tv and movies.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a bit more complicated than that. But I assume you wonā€™t be using any of the tips & techniques, free design files or step by step tutorials that the other folks who have spent an awful lot of personal time making those available to everyone?

5 Likes

While I understand why you might think that, be aware there are people who ordered early, have been fairly active in the forums for a long time, and who have not received notice. I know this for a fact. There are clearly other reasons involved, and we donā€™t know what they are.

Being unhappy is perfectly reasonable, you have every right to be given the delays we have all endured. Being annoyed and snarky towards those who HAVE received notice does no one any good. At the very least try and see each unit delivered as being one more person out of your way. That is what I try and do.

15 Likes

Havenā€™t looked at them, to be honest - outside of maybe the materials links. Not saying I wonā€™t in the future, but for right now I havenā€™t. With so much having been up in the air with the Glowforge and itā€™s abilities I didnā€™t feel any need to.

There are plenty of resources out there and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have much problem getting up to speed.

Like early beta users who donā€™t have their beta machines anymore and are still waiting patiently like the rest of us eh? :slight_smile:

Still think you should get a special delivery from Dan himself :wink:

11 Likes

Thanks!
A confirmation that some early morning backers havenā€™t received their emails allows me to ā€˜slow my rollā€™ and be more patient. This is actually an indicator of how well the queue is moving along. It would still be nice to know the hours (or time) of order from some who did receive their emails. I have my order in the evening of the first day. Obviously no email for me either.

Itā€™s exciting to know that Glowforge is doing all they can to get their productions running to the benefit of us all.

5 Likes