Trying to sync new Glowforge to Wifi?

I just received my Glowforge and I’m setting it up. I can not get the WiFi to connect, and hello@glowforge.com and support@glowforge.com both kick back an auto reply.

Anyone know how I connect with someone to get help?

thank you.

Support may not get back to you for days. Best quick support is from forum members. Have no idea whether you went through the initial setup.

Might try this.

And the GF only connects through 2.4ghz wifi

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Having that video to start would have been great…but, somehow i did eventually get there…but I hit the snag I cannot solve…

I get to the very last step where I am verifying my WiFi password.

I get a message that says “Device Error”

"While trying to setup your Glowforge, it became no longer reachable or responded in an unexpected way. Please make sure you are connected to the Glowoforge wifi network and click Restart Setup.

If this keeps happening, please contact us support@glowforge.com"

Sometimes, it lies about this because the Glowforge itself drops the wifi hotspot when it attempts to connect directly through your router. If you leave it on at that point and give it a moment (assuming your wifi signal from your router is very strong, much stronger than your laptop needs) then from an internet connected device go to app.glowforge.com directly (on your normal internet connection, not the Glowforge wifi) and see if your device shows up there.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I don’t think I did anything different this time around, but this time the WiFi connection synched-up. Hopefully we can test this new printer out tomorrow!

again, thanks very much.

Thanks for the help, all! I’m sorry for the challenging start, @keith3, but I’m glad to hear you’re connected. If you run into any other trouble, go ahead and post a new topic or contact us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!