Tube has no liquid

When I was printing on my Glowforge it said the print was fine but when I went to look a few minutes into it, nothing was printing. I stopped that project and tried again with a different one, but still nothing. Took the head off, cleaned it and made sure it was in correctly. Let it cool down a bit afterwards since I had been printing on it for a few hours before this all happened. Now when I came back to check, I have no liquid in my tube at all that I can see. I can’t tell where it leaked or went! Help! I have a huge order in the process! image|375x500

1 Like

The pink down the center of your laser tube is exactly as it should be…there’s nothing wrong with it. That’s not the reason for any problems you’re having printing. It could be several things going on…possibly it’s overheated? More information from you will help someone help you.

2 Likes

If the liquid did not leak out, I have no idea where it could have gone. When the tube has no air bubbles in it the coolant is very difficult to discern.

1 Like

Thanks for your response! Is it normal to have no bubbles or liquid move through? I have always had it before, ever since I got it, so this doesn’t seem normal to me. I’ve never had the laser think it was printing and have nothing happen. It has been making a loud noise from the left back side by the fan as well lately.

I would suspect the fan. If the coolant was lost, you would have noticed it.

Yes, the only time you should see bubbles or liquid in it is when you first turn it on…sometimes the air in the pump gets displaced during shipping. After running it for a few minutes, that air circulates out, and you shouldn’t be able to tell that there is liquid in the tube.

Are you saying that you were seeing bubbles in the machine every time it ran? There might be a small crack in the glass letting air in…it’s supposed to be a closed cooling system.

You might need to wait to speak to Support. They can take a look at your logs.

4 Likes

There is only a little liquid at the bottom of my tube, you can see it when you move it a little, And yes, I’ve always had bubbles in my tube from the start, they have never gone away.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.