Turning fan off or down for thin material?

I am trying to cut very thin rubber, but the fan that turns on while the laser is running is blowing the material around. Is there any way to change the setting of the fan?

Alternatively, is there something I can buy to put on the rubber first to keep it from moving? Like how the proof grade material has a covering on it that peels off?

1 Like

No control for the air assist at this time. A lot of folks use magnets to hold the object down. Also, these things are really awesome:

1 Like

Stick it onto a stiff surface. My brother @timjedwards taught me to use MDF with a light coat of spray adhesive, for cutting paper. Seems that would work just as well here. :blush:

4 Likes

Get yourself some of this:

https://www.amazon.com/Odif-Temporary-Fabric-Adhesive-12-4oz/dp/B01N7TNT87/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521477381&sr=8-1&keywords=505+spray+and+fix+temporary+fabric+adhesive

Then spray a couple coats on a draftboard, stick your paper to it and cut.

3 Likes

Thanks for the great suggestion @jbmanning5 .

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.