U.K. delivery countdown begins

Yay - crumb tray just arrived, all now plumbed and Founder’s Ruler on its way :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations!:grinning:

1 Like

Having played with my lovely GF for a little while, I have several observations…

1. It worked right out of the box… just one little calibrating hang which a turn off and back on again sorted. After that, no glitches. Astoundingly well packed and damage free despite the best efforts of international freight operatives.
  2. Interface/web app is pretty good and fairly intuitive. Liking the different colours to different cuts capability
  3. Something is off with some of my .svgs - they don’t like being imported. PDFs of the same .ai outlines did fine. It would be nice to have a more specific error message than ‘oops’, such as ‘you say it’s a .svg, but it doesn’t look like one to me’.
  4. Still not sure if it will cut to the edges of 12x20" board - not sure yet where the margins are, and the camera view doesn’t capture the whole proofgrade board. Will browse further in the forums.

Worth the two year+ wait? You betcha!

8 Likes

Congrats and thanks for the continued updates whilst we are waiting on ours coming soon. What was the over all timescale from when you agreed to everything in your email? We got our email at 00:30 on 17th March and after going through everything I signed off by 01:00.

1 Like

Day 12 post golden ticket, but that did include a weekend.

2 Likes

Not exactly. It’s more like just under 11" by about 19.5", so if you keep it to 275mm x 495mm you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Did they give you a commodity code @neil_burley? I was going to check that vs the code Glowforge expect and against some other people’s. I’m hoping yours is the right way and that the price I can expect for VAT + duty as that sounds pretty good :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks dude!

1 Like