U.p.s. is the worst package delivery company

They won’t either if experience is any guide. They’ll suddenly schedule it for delivery tomorrow or something.

Or they’ll claim they couldn’t deliver so had to send it back (because really, the box is lost).

It’s not the service that’s so bad - it’s the stories they make up. Just like airlines. They don’t think we can handle the truth that the effed up and it’s going to be another couple of days.

2 Likes

Now I’m just imagining Jack Nicholson in a UPS uniform shouting, “You can’t handle the truth!”

3 Likes

yeah, i went to pick mine up at the local depot and they told me they hadn’t gotten it yet. and they didn’t know where it was. it had supposedly left another depot 25 miles away 24 hours ago, but they didn’t have any idea where it went. they told me to submit for a lost package. and then the next day i got the notice that they’d found it and it was ready to pick up.

their tracking is crap when it comes to oversized items. it’s ok for normal sized packages, but terrible when you start getting that big.

2 Likes

Hopefully they’ll surprise me and deliver on time, but that seems unlikely…

…or the use of “their” vs “there”.

appears as though their was a delay

2 Likes

so what do i do if i am missing one handle and have to send my glowforge in for warranty work?

Just tape it up.

1 Like

Yep, they don’t care at all. It’s a rare unicorn GF box that arrives with all the handles intact.

3 Likes

My last one did. But it came via FedEx. :wink:

1 Like