Ultra-high detail model of the new Tesla Cybrtrk

Hey I remember having one of those, first coding toy I ever owned :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Actually, it looks like that because it has no frame - the skin is the structure, and it’s made of stainless steel sheets that are so strong they can’t be formed, they have to be folded. Thus it is all flat planes and straight edges. In return, it’s very strong and light, able to haul more than a standard pickup with better acceleration than most sports cars. We’ll find out of consumers really like such a brutally utilitarian design. So far it looks to be quite polarizing - some love it, some hate it. I suspect that if Tesla ended up with 20% of the truck market, and everyone else hated it, they’d be thrilled. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like weird, ugly, utilitarian stuff and even I can’t stomach this thing. It’s so ugly it passes “so ugly it’s cute” and goes deep into “so ugly it’s actually just really ugly.”

We’ll see if I change my tune once they are in the wild.

The auto world is definitely more interesting with Tesla in it and for that I appreciate them.

5 Likes

I just ran across this old post with an “early concept” picture of the truck… um. I don’t think it got better!

2 Likes

I was shocked when it was introduced, but you know what? It’s been growing on me. :no_mouth:

1 Like

the concept image in that post reminded me of the classic Cab-Over-Engine truck configuration, and I actually appreciated it more as a truck because of that. The cybr is just too cross-overish for me to accept it as a “truck”.

Classic C.O.E. trucks:

p14908999643340840

58900918_521542122991267_Orig

6 Likes

Could we possibly move this topic to the “Everything Else” feed ? It seems to be on a level of it’s own at this point.

That would keep people from finding the free design it contains. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You might want a doctor to take a look, :mask:

6 Likes

If I recreate this I will just outline the inner layers in small 1/8" pieces and stack them together to make it wide or just make 4 sided pieces to cover front, back & sides lol

3 Likes

Whatever you do, post a pic!

3 Likes