Unable to connect

I have not been able to connect once the glowforge shows up on my list, says it is connected then won’t connect to my wifi. I have done everything several times that support says. It worked fine Tuesday morning, but I went to print Tuesday afternoon and it won’t connect. I have tried several times through out the day and night, unplugged and replugged, moved furniture to see if I can get a better signal, nothing. I am very disappointed since I have missed a whole week of orders because I cant connect. Seems silly that I spent all this money on this machine to have it not work .

1 Like

same…

can you connect through a hotspot on your phone as a test?

Assuming that works, one method that some have found helpful is if your router provides the opportunity to create a guest network, then create that and just utilize it for the :glowforge:.

The intention there is to avoid any conflicts across the network.

Hello @rk0929,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having connectivity trouble with your Glowforge.

I took a look at the logs for your unit and it looks like your Glowforge was able to connect successfully to your network, but it may be having trouble maintaining a stable connection. When this is the case, you won’t need to go through Wi-Fi setup again, but you may see an “Offline” message.

The most common solution to Wi-Fi challenges is to restart all the devices involved in connecting to the internet.

1. Turn off the computer, phone, or tablet that you’re using
  2. Turn off your Glowforge
  3. Unplug your modem
  4. Unplug your Wi-Fi access point
  5. Wait one minute, then plug everything back in and turn them back on

If that doesn’t work, we have two more suggestions that often make a big difference:

1. Improve the signal path between your Glowforge and your Wi-Fi access point
    Wi-Fi signals need a clear path. Remove physical barriers, and move devices closer together:
  • Move your Wi-Fi access point up high and make sure it’s in an open space. Avoid locating your Wi-Fi access point on the ground, under a desk, in a cabinet, or in a corner where its signal can be blocked.
  • Relocate your Wi-Fi access point closer to your Glowforge
  • Move your Glowforge closer to your Wi-Fi access point
  • Install a Wi-Fi range extender closer to your Glowforge
  • Run an ethernet cable and install a second Wi-Fi access point next to your Glowforge
  1. Reduce electronic and Wi-Fi interference
    If your unit is near other devices that use Wi-Fi or a large number of electronics, temporarily turn off other electronics and devices in the area.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi @bgoodr036, welcome to the forum! Posting in Problems and Support actually opens a support ticket, so if you’re having problems you’ll want to start your own ticket rather than commenting on someone else’s. Due to the nature of ticket tracking systems, there can logically only be one customer per ticket. :slight_smile:

I am extremely dissatisfied with the WIFI on the Glowforge, it can’t get around an extremely short hallway to the kitchen. I am giving it a thumbs down on the WIFI strength.

Kinda poor form to complain on someone else’s support ticket, don’t you think? This sort of stuff should be posted in Everything Else, so they can get the help they need without a bunch of people dumping unrelated stuff in their thread to clutter it up.

2 Likes

I’m not understanding you, It’s the same issue. Normal forum protocol/manners is to not make a new topic about one that already exists but post in one that already exists about the same subject which is why I did this.
If this is a new hybrid between a sub forum thread and a support ticket then this is new to me.

Posting in Problems and Support opens a support ticket, as noted in the pinned post at the top, so the threads in this section are specifically for working on a single user’s problem. You need to open your own ticket if you want help with your issue.

1 Like

I see you also emailed us about this. I just followed up there with some more detailed information concerning the best next steps. I’m going to close this topic so we can keep troubleshooting to one channel. Again, I’m sorry for the trouble.