Unable to save custom settings

Hello

I’m unable to save custom engraving/cutting/scoring presets: when I try to save, i loose my current settings, and the preset does not appear in the presets list.

The browser console display this kind of error:

POST https://api.glowforge.com/heat/current-user/custom-settings 400
LOG_ERROR Uncaught Error In Saga Error: UnhandledHeatServiceError https://app.glowforge.com/current-user/custom-settings responseCode: undefined
    at spa-v1-a82e061959eb1b6fb1ee.js:1
    at f (vendor-v1-9d55e9689967c79f9031.js:2)
    at Generator._invoke (vendor-v1-9d55e9689967c79f9031.js:2)
    at Generator.next (vendor-v1-9d55e9689967c79f9031.js:2)
    at p (vendor-v1-9d55e9689967c79f9031.js:2)
    at c (vendor-v1-9d55e9689967c79f9031.js:2)
    at nrWrapper (edit:11) 
Saga Stack:  The above error occurred in task hde
    created by saveCustomSettingSaga
    created by saveStepCustomSettingAsSaga
    created by takeEvery(SAVE_STEP_AS_CUSTOM_SETTING, saveStepCustomSettingAsSaga)
    created by gfHeatSaga
Tasks cancelled due to error:
takeEvery(SAVE_STEP_AS_CUSTOM_SETTING, saveStepCustomSettingAsSaga)
takeLatest(LOAD_CUSTOM_SETTINGS,SET_USER, getCustomSettingsSaga)
takeEvery(SAVE_STEP_CUSTOM_SETTING, saveStepCustomSettingSaga)
takeEvery(DELETE_CUSTOM_SETTING, deleteCustomSettingSaga)
takeEvery(RESTORE_CUSTOM_SETTING, restoreCustomSettingSaga)

I tried to logout/login, and on another account, the same thing happen.

Is there any things i could be doing wrong?

What browser are you using?

1 Like

@jm1

I’m so sorry to hear you are not able to save custom settings. We need a bit more information to investigate.

• Can you please send the file you are having trouble with so we can take a look?
  • Information about the browser you are using.
  • A screenshot of the error you are getting.

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says "Your web browser’s unique URL"
  3. Click the button that says "Copy URL to Clipboard"
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:
  • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

I am also having the same problem. I reported this problem a few weeks ago, and it resolved by itself after a few days. But the problem is back again. I am unable to save any custom settings, or update existing ones. There is never an error message. It behaves as if settings are saved, i.e., I enter my settings, click the + to save my settings, enter the name I want, and hit return. There is no indication of a problem. But when I go back to the settings list, what I just saved is not there.

I am using a Mac and the Chrome browser. I logged out of the Glowforge app multiple times, and cleared my browser cache.

When I switched to Safari, I was able to save one custom setting (or so it seemed). The setting showed in the list, and I was able to select it to apply to other objects. But after I completed that print, the setting had disappeared and I wasn’t able to save any new ones after that.

Custom settings that I had saved a few weeks ago are still there. But settings saved in the past couple of weeks have also disappeared.