Unable to select or move uploaded file

Doing a small test, loaded my file into the UI and duplicated it once. I was only able to move the second file by using the arrow keys on my keyboard. I could not select it using my mouse at all. Got the two images where I wanted them, then changed my mind and tried moving one of them and it wouldn’t let me move either one of them…with mouse or arrow keys. It wouldn’t let me select them at all. I went back to ‘home’, deleted the file and started all over…but, it happened a few times.

I’ve been blaming similar issues on my browser, primarily with not being able to marquis select, but clearing the cache and restarting didn’t help with it last night, and I couldn’t even click to select by the time I just gave up and quit, so it’s comforting to see it’s not just me!

1 Like

I’m sorry that you’ve run into trouble when trying to select your design after making a copy of it. Thank you for letting us know about this. I’m going to pass detailed notes along to our team so we can investigate further. As part of the notes, may I include information on the browser you’re currently using?

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

Also, would you be able to let me know the date this happened, along with the approximate time of day and your time zone? If you’re unsure, if you would be able to reproduce the error and then let us know the day and time you reproduced it, this will help us extract logs to look at the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

@geek2nurse I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into this issue also. I’ve re-opened your thread where you reported the original trouble you ran into with selecting designs: A Little Bug?

Would you please post and update there with the approximate time of day & time zone when you ran into the same issue which @xabbess described?

Thanks, Ivan.

This issue happened on 04-08 around 3 -4pm (loose estimate) PDT.

whatismybrowser.com/w/WP6Q6FT

Thank you for the additional information. After looking into this with our team, we’re wondering if you might be able to set up a design for us to take a closer look at. If possible, would you please do the following?

• Upload one of the files you ran into this issue with in the Glowforge App
  • Create a copy and see if you’re able to reproduce the same app behavior
  • If you’re able to reproduce the behavior, please make no further changes
  • Copy the direct URL for your design, and send it to us at support@glowforge.com

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above steps.

I’m not sure what you mean by this…so I hope this is it;
https://app.glowforge.com/designs/M5JkEmda/edit

I was able to reproduce exactly what happens…I used the exact same file as when I first noticed the problem. I copy/pasted a second one. If I ‘draw’ around the image, I can move it, but only with the arrow keys…there’s no other indicator that I can use to move it with my mouse.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 5.18.14 PM

These cannot be moved unless you draw a bounding box around them…then can only be moved with the arrow keys.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 5.17.57 PM

I hope this is what you needed from me. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

This is perfect; Thank you very much for going through these extra steps with us! I’m going to check in with our team after they review this to see if we might need any additional information.

Hi Ivan…
I was just reading through posts and saw the followup on @geek2nurse’s post with the same problem; A little bug?
This very thing just happened to me, again…got my files moved around and they all froze up so they were immovable. I clicked a different PG material in the left hand column, then clicked back to my correct chosen material and I was then able to move my files. Like Ruth, I’m 99% sure this problem has something to do with the set focus, too…but I don’t know in what way. Just wanted to update you. Thanks…

Thank you for the update and for letting us know you’re seeing the same behavior in the app.

I’ll include this in our notes while we continue to investigate. Unfortunately I don’t have any further details at this time, but we’ll continue to dig into it on our end. Thank you very much for your report that brought this to our attention.

1 Like