Unable to upload anything to the UI

Every SVG I try fails to upload and gives the “unexpected error” message.

Here’s a sample SVG that is failing (yes it’s a horizontal line):

12_in_cut

So… uh… what’s up?

2 Likes

Same issue for me, working fine just a few minutes ago

1 Like

same here. just tried a copy/paste and got it.

1 Like

Same here!

1 Like

I just tried your file, and also a file that I have used in the past and which I know should work fine. Both gave the error.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve tried:

• Reloading the UI. nope.

• Restarting the browser. Nope.

• Opening an existing project on the UI: yup! Deleting everything and then dropping an SVG in it? Nope.

• Clicking the upload button instead of dropping a file on it. Nope.

Out of ways to try to get info in there, seems to be something major amiss on the server side?

1 Like

This is when it would be handy to have a more real-time way to get ahold of support. I would imagine that there’s some scrambling happening if anyone at GF is looking at logs or if they have alerts set up to warn them of this stuff.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I’m guessing something is borked across the board.

1 Like

They’re up to something. I just had to re-login and now the pencil holder is the first design in the UI.

Interesting time to be mucking with the UI (business hours US).

1 Like

i’m guessing they have logs to see what the least busy times are. i suspect east coast mornings may be the quietest non-middle-of-the-night option. i’m guessing that people with day jobs probably make up the majority of GF owners. but that’s just my hunch.

2 Likes

Similar logic crossed my mind… how many people are still staying up all night to play these days, I wonder? It’s been a while for me.

Same problem here :frowning:

1 Like

Unexpected Error here also, must be a server issue.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Previously saved projects will load but I can’t add anything new. I’m sure something is up and that people somewhere are scrambling to fix it. I hadn’t used the machine for a week and wanted to crank something out for this evening. Oh well. At this point it hasn’t been long since you first noted the problem. I’m hoping a fix is in the works.

1 Like

Me too. I even tried just uploading a simple rectangle. No joy.

Guess I’ll hobble on back up the stairs, then… sigh

<insert frustrated face> I’m still only good for one trip down and back up per day in my wussy post-surgical state. Finished one part of my project before everything broke. I guess that’s all I get for today. :cry:

1 Like

Such a limitation on your GF time must be horrible. Sorry.

1 Like

OK…

5 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

I have the same problem. Old files will load, but new files will not upload.
I was just using my GF last night, so whatever it is, it’s popped up within the past 10 hours.