Unboxed, issues already with first print

Unboxed and tried to do the first project , The ruler. Using the proof grade draftboard. The problem is that it is engraving but will not cut it. Then we did the puzzle. It cut it but not all the way through on one piece. Then we did the box. It did engrave and cut some but not all out, The ones it didn’t cut out it just engraved it and not cut. Feeling very discouraged here with it being brand new and just out of the box. Tried to reach out for help, they sent me an email with the things I already did when I set up. Just to be clear I’m very good with technology so Im not just doing this completely lost. Thats why Im thinking I got a dud here. Since Glowforge says it may take 3 days to get back to me I am reaching out to see if anyone can help me figure out why. Using glowforge material and also the glowforge file , so I dont believe this issue should even be occurring?

In my experience with other lasers problems like you are describing usually happen because the laser is out of focus. I’d try all the troubleshooting steps you can find related to focus.

Off the top of my head:

1- make sure the laser head is properly connected and at the expected distance from the material
2- clean and check the lenses for proper install
3- search the forums for more ideas related to focus of the laser itself (not the camera)

Appreciate the feedback. I will try all that. Thanks!

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I see that the owner of this printer has also reached out to us through a different email about this and I have followed up with your next steps there. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like