Unclear on the concept

This is what you get when you don’t pay extra for good ad insertion software.

13 Likes

Does anyone have the settings for cinnamon rolls? Are those Proofgrade?

12 Likes

Interesting stuff.

3D laser printing technology.

8 Likes

Of course, I’m disappointed to learn that my GF cutting power isn’t “robust”. I’m wondering if I use it more if I can build up its strength to make it less of a panty-waisted weakling. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

in the big picture world of lasers, it’s honestly not that robust. 40-45w is on the lower end of a CO2 power.

fwiw, the aplazer is 30w to 100w. but their site is crap. they give you no technical data on the web pages at all. no models, no specs. you have to sign up (which i did with bogus info) to get to a page that then allows you to open a PDF which has models in it.

if anyone else is curious, here’s the direct link w/o having to tell them your name is joe blow, joe@blow.me, 222.555.1212.

12 Likes

Some guy named Joe, who lives in Montenegro, is cursing you about now… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i’m probably just one of very many people he’s annoyed with.

6 Likes

He’s probably wishing he hadn’t gotten himself an email address on the “eat” domain, too.

4 Likes

“Complete Turnkey Package” is Glowforge’s biggest selling point, and they get an “x” in the chart there according to AP Lazer. :laughing:

5 Likes

I suspect that’s a typo and it was supposed to say “Turkey”. They give you a Turkey and fixings to cook it, a complete package, along with the laser cutter. GF doesn’t even give you a cookie.

7 Likes

Copywriters for the LOLs

3 Likes

CO2 vs “3D laser printing technology.”

That right there is enough to discount them as shysters.

7 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to call Glowforge shysters. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ha. Even more unclear on the concept!

4 Likes

This one was not unclear. It just didn’t match.

And i can’t stop staring at what looks to be a pizza menu on the right…nope…pizza box i think…frozen pizza…

3 Likes

I think its effective advertising. Then again, I would get in a strangers van if it said “free cinnamon rolls” on the side :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Lol. I was just looking at the non-proofgrade wood with clear cracks in it with the heading of “Medium Acrylic.” I don’t know whose photo they used for the advertising, but for a proofgrade advertisement, I don’t see any proofgrade in there. :rofl: :rofl: I think a frozen pizza in there would be a definite attention grabber…sorry…a little hungry…time to raid the kitchen…unless you know where I can find a “free cinnamon roll” van…

7 Likes

That is totally a “Red Baron” pizza box. My kids love that pizza.

4 Likes

There is/was a taco truck just around the corner from the Enterprise rental car at LAX, amazing tacos. I think the first time I went with my ex and daughter was the first food-truck experience they ever had. I/we went there every time I/we flew into LA.

They have food truck evenings here now, our favorite is “happy belly”… :rofl: Their signature dish is “brussels with mussels” - roasted brussels sprouts in sweet asian chili sauce. I make them often, just had them a couple of nights ago, in fact.

4 Likes