Unexpected error numerous times

I was all ready to engrave then I received a message, "unexpected error. Contact support glowforge ". I turned everything off. Cleaned. Checked. Then started all over and bam! Again. Then finally it did go after 3rd attempt. But now on 2nd round, it gas brought the error back. No clue! Now what? Been working on this for almost 4 hrs!!!

Usually that means there’s a problem with your file. Can you open it in your art program and do a Save As and see if the problem goes away?

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble @laurakay0831.

I took a look a your recent file and the issue seems to be that our software was not able to generate precision movement that fit within the bounds of the printable area.

I’ve seen this happen before when the design is placed very close to the edges of the printable area/material.

If you haven’t already done so, I would suggest using the arrow keys to nudge the design just slightly further away from the edges of the material before trying again.

Let me know how it goes!

Hi @laurakay0831. Thank you for your last update on this through your email thread. It looks like you were able to get this resolved after this was posted, so I’ll close this Community thread. I responded to your email as well with any instructions to follow up if you run into anything further, aand feel free to follow up with that email if needed. I’ll be happy to help. Thank you again!

Hello! I am happy to hear that the trouble has been resolved! I extracted the most recent logs to review and see that you are still having intermittent trouble during calibration. It sounds like this is why you need to reboot the Glowforge to be able to print.

I am pretty confident a new printer head would help resolve this. I understand it is a large cost, but it would help make sure you aren’t rebooting your printer every time. If you have any additional questions, or want to move forward with replacement, just let me know!