Ungroup

When i upload my items it wont let me ungroup them. What can i be doing wrong.

That’s an annoying thing the user interface does when you have objects that fall within the boundaries of other objects, or objects that touch other objects, or just too many objects. It drives me freaking crazy. :frowning:

2 Likes

The boundaries she is talking about is the boundaries of the selection box that appears when the design is highlighted. If those boundaries intersect with others you have yourself a “group”.

A “work-around” is to have each item in a different color so the UI recognizes each color as a separate operation. That way you can enable only the operation you want, and position the grouped items so that what you want engraved/cut is positioned where you want it. Inelegant but functional.

1 Like

You still can’t independently move items that are within another item’s boundaries, even if they’re different colors.

2 Likes

No, you cant, but you can ignore everything in a different color and enable the item in question.
Muhahaha!

1 Like

I do not consider this an acceptable solution. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

its crazy because it just started doing it

there not touching each other… and it just started doing this.

Does this happen even when you click off of the group so nothing is highlighted and then click the one item you want?

yes… i upload everythng and i make sure there not touching but in the system it wont let me move anything after that. and it coming up with this 3rd option with nothing there. it just started doing this yesterday

Yep. :frowning:

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble while using the app. We’ve made a recent change on end to improve artwork selection which has been announced here: Latest Improvements.

Will you please let us know if you’re now able to select the individual elements of your design?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.