Unit malfunction?

I have been having multiple issues for weeks. Been emailing customer service and going back and forth. Took their recommendations. Moved unit closer to WiFi.
My unit is taking forever to home, calibrate , scan etc! Sometimes it does this for 20 minutes! I constantly turn off unit and reload file. Then I will get it to load, scan , home and will say print time, I push button to print. Get to button and it isnt lit. I hold down to see if it will print anyway but no dice! Please advise. Have internet company coming out to day to check WiFi. I have 2 channels. Please help

Certainly sounds like unstable wifi, one way to rule that out tho would be to try using your phone’s hotspot. If that works that would at least get you up and running while you sort out wifi issues.

1 Like

My hotspot won’t work. We tried that! Thanks though. We have internet company coming out today. Hopefully we will get answers today

1 Like

Interference from neighboring WiFi networks can also cause problems. You could try changing the channel of your WiFi in the router settings to see if that helps.

The GF must be on the 2.4 GHz channel and if there other devices on the same channel that could degrade the signal to the GF causing a weak signal and only have an intermittent a connection

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.