Update to the update: We'll sell replacement tubes (discussion)

Nicely done. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Nice save, @dan. Thanks for listening and acting so much sooner than later!

11 Likes

Great news, thank you for listening to concerns!

11 Likes

I must say, that is a very welcome announcement!
Thank you for jumping on this so quickly, restores my faith.

I can feel my stomach unwinding! :disappointed_relieved:

21 Likes

Glad to see you’ve managed to retain (or recover) your sense of humor :grinning:

11 Likes

amazing news! You guys… just so happy for everyone right now

33 Likes

Me too!

5 Likes

woot

7 Likes

Thank you! This was the answer I think we all were waiting for :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Recover. It sucks letting everyone down and I’ve felt terrible about it.

25 Likes

After spending the day in limbo - I’m ready for a beer!:thumbsup:

13 Likes

I skimmed the announcement too fast and missed the pricing. If you choose the Glowforge replacement option it’s $499 with shipping included. Cool. That meets the original plan for pricing of below $499 and those that can’t, now can.

At least for the U.S. folks, of course the international folks have the same shipping cost problems as always.

17 Likes

My idea for a shirt may not fly well with the lawyers, but I think “Get Burnt” would be a great saying… or maybe just “Dazzle 'Em with Lasers!”

13 Likes

Well, rest easy tonight, you hacked us all a way forward!
Well done :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Thank you!

Phew, that was an emotional rollercoaster. Thank you for reconsidering so quickly.

10 Likes

I almost feel like you need to delete the ‘no tube sales’ update and re-post it with the good news so we can start fresh and read it excitedly!

18 Likes

Let’s not forget our international friends…

9 Likes

Can’t they buy the parts to fix it themselves? They don’t have to ship it now.

Or am I missing something.

4 Likes

@dan and @staff,

Thank you

Your response is everything I could have hoped for and more. It is this interaction that has given me so much hope and trust in the Glowforge name for so long now.

I really appreciate the promptness of your response and your willingness to bring the team together and offer other options to meet the needs of your customers. I was truly saddened by the way that the tube news and over shadowed the other great progress!

Congratulations on your most recent steps toward full production and your additional staff positions that really show how close we are getting!

I can’t wait to have a Glowforge in my home with this kind of attention to the customer backing it up!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!:squee::squeee::squeeee::glowforge::glowforge:

26 Likes

This is certainly a positive response.

One of the benefits here for OS buyers is that we will get a chance to see US users do their tube replacements first and even if Glowforge have not released a how-to for it other users will.

23 Likes