Upgrade it from basic to pro

I remember @Dan saying that upgraders would pay the difference between what the current price is for the item(s) they bought as compared to the current price for the upgraded item. Depending on when you placed your order, a person paid a different initial price. You ordered before me so paid less than me. If we upgrade from the same thing to the same thing, we would pay the same amount to upgrade, but overall you would have paid less. Otherwise, you would be throwing away the special consideration for the early buyers if they decided to upgrade later.

5 Likes

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong then! :smile:

3 Likes

On April 7, @Dan said “No, the difference in price between basic & pro [with airfilter] today ($3,000) is less than the price for early preorder customers to upgrade ($2,250), so you’re saving both on the original purchase and on the amount of the upgrade.” $3000 is more than $2250 so I don’t know why he said “less than” instead of “more than”

3 Likes

If so, that’s great, I’ve got an extra $1000 to blow on :proofgrade:! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for all the additional information. We’re still looking into it.

2 Likes

Just a quick update that we’re still investigating!

5 Likes

Seems like a pretty easy fix. Dont know why this has dragged on for so long. @Rita ?

2 Likes

well, not super important in context of shipping some lasers. but also, just because they have an idea about what’s caus jt a problem doesn’t mean it can’t take some time to physically track down the problem in the code.

Thanks for checking in. We’re still working on getting this corrected. I’ll be sure to update this thread as soon as I have any news.

3 Likes

We switched from a preorder system to a much more sophisticated ecommerce system some months ago, and this is a deep, lingering bug from that switch. Specifically, from some of the folks who ordered on the old system and are trying to upgrade with the new one. It’s not easy to fix, unfortunately.

6 Likes

Clear answer, thanks

1 Like

So if someone wants to upgrade, how do we go about doing it to be charged the right price?

1 Like

I don’t know. When support gets an answer, they’ll post it here.

2 Likes

Confusing. I just upgraded to a pro but it’s just same price as if I was going to order it from the beginning.

No need for that, per Dan they are on it.

2 Likes

I just tried an upgrade from Basic to Pro and it did not inflate the $ higher than it should be this time. So I guess they fixed whatever was causing the problem

2 Likes

They are normally super-quick to close Support Threads when they have resolved it though…
Might be worth waiting a bit.

Good info though, thanks

I already upgraded online within the past 30 minutes, got the email with the credit card charge amount, and it shows correctly in my Purchase History.

However, in the Purchase History, it shows the GF Pro for $7000 and an Air filter for $1000, and then discounts are applied further down. I guess that’s what they needed to do to make the math work out. If I go online right now and buy a fresh GF Pro with an Airflter, it’s $5995, not $8000

1 Like

I’m happy to say we’ve corrected the upgrade bugs and anyone who has wanted to upgrade can now do so at glowforge.com/upgrades.

4 Likes