Upload fails

First job and upload is failing on sample files. No error messages, just goes to Uploading and stays there forever.

have you backed out and noticed it was showing up in your dashboard of files?

Thanks for the response.

Not exactly sure what you mean by “back out” but when we click on “Dashboard” from the menu, it just takes us back to the main catalog of designs. Is there some personalized dashboard somewhere else?

I should have been more clear.

Try this. close the browser and log back into the app.glowforge.com site.

on your dashboard you should when the yellow line is below the word dashboard. it should show all of the designs you’ve uploaded. does that pendant blank show up there?

what I’m getting at is did the design hang up the interface some how. or did it actually load OK and then cause the GFUI to halt.

OTOH, people much smarter than I will be chiming in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha, I think the yellow line is there and it does now show a new design I created using the design tool, a simple circle cut.

The same thing happens with the simple circle cut as with one of the pre-defined designs: app UI shows “ready”, click print, app UI shows “uploading”, and hangs. No sign that the GF itself knows that we’re even trying to say hello.

Not sure where to go from here. Wait and try again later/tomorrow? We’ve rebooted/power cycled everything multiple times, checked network latency and speed with no joy.

We’re a bit handicapped by the fact that this is the very first use of the GF so we don’t know that it is supposed to do when it is working correctly, beyond what is show in the quick start documentation.

Thanks again for trying to help!

1 Like

Problem solved. Turns out on the first print, the right hand side dialog throws up a warning that you shouldn’t walk away from the machine while it’s working. There’s an acknowledgement required before the app will proceed…which is hidden in the bottom of the dialog unless you scroll down. There is no UI element present to indicate that the dialog scrolls and we just got lucky that we happened to scroll it while flailing around looking for knobs to turn.

Thanks again.

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!