Uploading Free designs

Hello… newer than brand new user (Just ordered Pro) and I already have a question. I was looking through the free designs and found one of a Paint storage rack. I can see the photos and the drawing but cannot for the life of me figure out how I would go about uploading it to my computer or the Glowforge machine. Any help, please keep it really basic, would be most appreciated.

Dr. Jeff Popa

1 Like

Once you have your Glowforge set up, you will upload it into your Dashboard. You don’t upload directly onto your computer (Glowforge files). For user provided files, right click the drawing and save as an SVG directly onto your computer. You can then open the file in Inkscape or whatever graphics program you have.

1 Like

Congrats and welcome to the family :slight_smile:

This won’t work in IE or Edge, you’ll need to use Chrome/Safari/Firefox to get that “save as SVG” option.

Sadly you won’t be able to access your GFUI/dashboard until you’ve connected your machine, but once you finish the initial setup process it’ll be there. You’re going to want to run through the First Three Prints which will introduce you to the ins and outs of :glowforge: - and you can look at those instructions before you get your machine!

1 Like

I’m able to right click and save as in Edge. i haven’t used IE in a long time, but that’s a pretty standard thing that we’ve been able to do in browsers for a very long time.

1 Like

Fascinating - as recently as 2 years ago neither MS product would allow that - so yay that they’ve updated!

Welcome to the community!

There will be more, and you are in the right place to ask them! This place is the best accessory for your new toy/tool.

Hello @apopj and welcome to the Glowforge Community! @dklgood and @deirdrebeth are right - you can’t use the software without a Glowforge printer to connect to, so it’s not available until delivery. Your account will be enabled for access to the software just as soon as you finish setting up your printer at setup.glowforge.com!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.