Uploading svg is not working

I can’t get my file to upload and load with embedded images, it says processing and does nothing. This is just today. (I’ve done many many file creations, this isn’t new for me). I then just made the file with no embedded graphic and it is resizing it. I wanted something 6 inch and it shrunk my design. Then I tried uploading just a 6 inch square and it won’t even do that. it does nothing.

I saved as a PDF and it loaded. so not sure what happened on Glowforge’s end, because this has been my process for over a year.

If you upload an .svg that won’t load one of us can check to see if we have the same issue on our machines…

1 Like

What is the size of the file? I had one hang at "processing"with no error msg, but noticed the image was a 7Mb size (?). Fixed when I resaved it and much smaller.

1 Like

I had what sounds like the same thing happen to me two weekends ago. I ignored it for a while doing other things and then it decided it would work. I did not try the pdf route.

I’ve had my glowforge for 18 months now and oddities like this pop up every so often.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this. Could you please share the original file you were running into trouble with? We’ll be glad to take a closer look. I recommend saving the file in a .zip archive before posting it to the community, to preserve the contents of the svg. If you’d rather not post it here, I understand - you can send it to us at support@glowforge.com instead.

I’ve emailed you, thanks!

Thanks for that! We received your email, and since we’ve been working on it there, I’m going to close this thread.