UPS has lost my GF!

So, my GF is lost as well…I got a rolled up mattress instead.

As a data point, did you GF tracking show it going through Hodgkins, IL? That is where mine got label damage and a new label printed.

Thanks

1 Like

I actually don’t live too far from the UPS facility in Hodgkins. I will shake my fist and scream obscenities at them from my car as I pass on the tollway. If they’re losing, stealing, or mishandling Glowforges, they deserve it. I’m also reasonably certain my Glowforge will eventually pass through their facility before reaching me. I don’t want a rolled up mattress or something from pottery barn kids.

4 Likes

The internal workings of the hold hubs are just as frustrating to me. My Glowforge is also currently in limbo. Label created on 11/29 but no scans since then. I have my crumb tray and I’m picking up my Proofgrade today.

This last week has been horrible for shipping. I know there were some issues due to thunderstorms in the midwest, and the major US hub for UPS is there. But even locally… I ordered a couple of Skil Saws on cyber monday, they were supposed to be delivered by that Friday… then Saturday… then Monday. They were finally delivered on Tuesday. For Saturday, Monday and Tuesday, each day showed it is “out for delivery”.

Here’s what I’ll say about UPS and damaged packaging. We were always told that if a box was badly damaged, we were to take it to our belt supervisor and they would re-package the shipment. In reality, most of the time the supervisor said “just load it!”. I think I saw my supervisor repackage a box exactly one time, and the item basically didn’t have a box left, just a piece of cardboard taped to it with a shipping label.

3 Likes

That’s where mine is. Ugh.

How long has it been there?

Since 12/5/17 at 5:15am.

Got a text that it would be to my depot by EOD 12/7. I’ll be inspecting that box carefully before leaving.

2 Likes

Ok. Mine arrived there 11/30 at 4:38pm and did not leave until 12/5 at 3:16am.

We’ve had some really strong winds here for the past couple days. I’ve gotten a few random Christmas decorations “delivered” to my front lawn from the neighbors’ houses. I also received an empty hanging planter yesterday. No Glowforges have blown my way, but the winds could be affecting shipping. I did get a redelivery notice for a package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday because the winds gave them no safe option to leave it without it blowing away.

Did your box go through the Hodgkins, IL depot? …and @Chris13

You mean your mattress arrived? :-/

1 Like

Yeah, what I thought was a GF…but turned out to be a mattress.

Which I will hold hostage until @dan tells me to give it back. :cry:

2 Likes

I think everything on the east coast goes through that location. I live in georgia, and mine went there for two or three days too. I wouldn’t read too much into.

Edit: although I should maybe also add that my crumb tray has taken an unexpected detour to Chicago because it boarded the wrong truck. But that just seems like a genuine mistake. Nothing nefarious.

1 Like

That mattress may be comfy. Add a lasered gift card. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Called the UPS Hub manager this afternoon and still nothing. He said he has searched the entire facility. Mine did not go through Illinois. I’m convinced it is gone and I have requested that another GF be shipped to me. GF and UPS and battle it out on what has happened to the original shipment.

3 Likes

@sailbyc Nope. San Pablo, Ft Worth/Dallas, then “lost” at Austin destination.

Ok. So not just Hodgkins showing issues. Thanks

This is what infuriates me. I am very sympathetic to things getting lost, stuff out of the companies control and even honest mistakes that effect me as the consumer. But the blatant lies I’ve dealt with from delivery companies are ridiculous. It’s very likely your driver was running behind or whatever and, instead of being honest and marking it as not delivered, he just lied knowing he would just deliver it the next day before you could cause a stink. I’ve filed a complaint when a driver claimed that they came to my door and I wasn’t at home to sign for an insured package. (I sit about 10’ from my door and own five dogs so it’s impossible to knock on my door without total mayhem lol.) When they checked the GPS tracking on the delivery truck, it showed he had driven within about three blocks of my home. The company said he was close enough that they couldn’t tell if he attempted delivery so there was nothing they could do. It cost me $150 :-/

3 Likes

Looks like UPS needs to do some investigating on their carriers.:frowning_face:

I had one swear he had delivered a $2500 3D printer. I was home, he didn’t.

They claimed the GPS showed him stopping at my house.

They finally found it (after I complained to the UPS home office) at a neighbor’s nearly a qtr mile away. They weren’t home but had contractors in doing renovations who stuck it in a back room.

After that UPS said I had to pick everything up at the depot because I was a security risk.

Took another call to ups HQ and 5 weeks of near daily non-deliveries (we buy a lot of stuff from Amazon) before they stopped the nonsense.

They never explained how their gps tracking was a qtr mile off. Nor did they apologize.

5 Likes

Yeah, as a whole they just don’t seem to care about the individual customer and they will protect their own over good customer service. It’s not like there is a ton of competition and people will quit using them. I sat and watched a delivery guy shoot a package like a basketball over a picket fence that he could have easily opened. He watched it bounce on the front steps and laughed. When there’s no holding employees accountable, this is the attitude you get.

3 Likes