User interface upside down

I ran a file this morning, and was using a different program on the computer while it ran. When I went back to run the next step, the UI was upside down, but only on the camera portion.

Any idea what might cause this? I exited and reloaded the file and it’s back right side up. It was a bit of a surprise to say the least. Just wondered if anyone else has seen this?

2 Likes

That’s a new one.

4 Likes

You’ll probably want to go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and post the “Share Link” for support to get a look.

Definitely a new one.

3 Likes

it looks like there are a number of things going on with this, if you look at the bottom ruler, the numbers 1 - 19 are upsidown, but numbers 20 - 29 are right side up, but just backwards (reading from right to left instead of left to right). I couldn’t tell about the ruler on the right side.

VERY strange indeed!

4 Likes

Are you in Australia? :thinking:

That’s certainly a new one for me.

8 Likes

It’s the Coriolis effect :yum:

6 Likes

haha! maybe someone is making changes to improve alignment.

2 Likes

The enemy’s gate is down for you today, I guess?

4 Likes

Use to have a non-harmful hack (let’s call it a prank) that could do that to someones machine.

Got any kids in the house?

4 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this, and for providing the screenshot. I’m glad to hear that reloading the file helped.

This isn’t something we’ve seen before, so I’ve passed this on to the team for further investigation. I’m going to leave this thread open a while longer in case other members of the community have any advice to offer.

1 Like

Can you tell me more about the computer you were using when you saw this behavior?

I see from the screenshot you provided it’s Windows 10.

But is it a laptop or desktop? And what brand and model?

Actually it’s Windows 7 on an Asus G7. It’s a desktop replacement model laptop.

Thanks for that detail, we’ve passed that along as well.

Have you seen this happen again since?

Hi Vee, I have not. What I have seen is black holes on parts of my files in the interface - especially if it’s something I’ve deleted and restored. It’s funky looking stuff. I have a screen shot that I grabbed of one such instance. Not sure what it’s all about, but it hasn’t really caused any issues. It’s just weird. It will sometimes fix (return to normal view of the files, doesn’t always work) if I click somewhere else on the screen to deselect, but it’s pretty random.

I’m glad to hear the problem with the interface hasn’t happened again. If it does, please let us know.

The next time you see objects display as all black, try refreshing the browser window. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, please take a fresh screen shot, and send it to us along with the time and date, and we’ll be happy to investigate.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.