Using embedded images instead of linked images

I have recently had this message come up now when I’m ready to upload something I’ve typed in Illustrator. I have done many of these before but never had this message pop up when I’m ready to do all the settings.
“UPLOAD 1 FILE TO CONTINUE”
“TO AVOID THIS STEP IN THE FUTURE, USE EMBEDDED IMAGES INSTEAD OF LINKED IMAGES.”
then it gives a number E3AAC7D82F220093, jpg (drag it here) or browse your computer.

I’m sort of new to Illustrator and only know a few things pertinent to what I’m engraving so am stumped.

1 Like

When you are done designing and want to output your SVG, use Save As or Save A Copy from illustrator, with these settings:
aiSVGoutputSettings

notice: Options > Image Location > Embed

7 Likes

When saving as a file as an svg that has the image you “placed” on your AI artboard, it will ask you in the svg pop-up if you want to embed or link it. As I understand it, embed means it will travel with the file and be there as you add the work to the GF interface – link means it will have to go out and find that graphic file. So just check the embed box…

Thank you. I don’t recall ever seeing that pop up but I’ll look for one.

Sorry. I didn’t see the picture you included before I responded. I do see that one. Thank you!

Thank You! It worked. I appreciate both of your help!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer @jbv and @rand. I’m going to close this thread - if you run into any other trouble, go ahead and post a new topic.