Using Glowforge in titles and tags

Hi! I sell designs on Etsy, and one of them got flagged for a possible trademark violation. Someone suggested it was because I use ‘made for a Glowforge’ and ‘glowforge svg’ in my tags. Is this not allowed? Does Glowforge go after people that use their name, even just to specify that files are compatible with it? TIA.

1 Like

Does it show you who flagged it?

It was an Etsy bot.

AFAIK Glowforge has no history of that on Etsy or anywhere else.

Most of Etsy’s in-house bot-generated trademark takedowns are being done through AI/ML analysis of listing images. For example, a Tiffany box in the staging, a Gucci perfume bottle on a shelf, anywhere a major brand logo might appear in the imagery have resulted in issues for sellers on Etsy. Brands that have a history of counterfeiting are the majority of what they’re looking for, so designer labels mainly.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. For context, this is the listing they flagged:

I couldn’t find anything else that could possibly be an issue, so I’m just wondering if Glowforge has a problem with sellers using the name.

Your best bet is probably to contact Glowforge support if you want official clarification.

I don’t think they are policing any of that, unless you are representing your stuff as being from or officially endorsed by Glowforge (or implying that by being vague about it).

4 Likes

From the horse’s mouth:

Specifically in the PDF: https://community.glowforge.com/uploads/short-url/fIcJWBHLMcyrnFtTag3vITBkM7r.pdf

4 Likes

This is what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.