Using Score looks like dashes

Hoping someone can help. I know the UI has been updated and shows red colors dashes until you select what you want.

The issue i am having is score when I send to the GF and it actually scores it looks like dashes NOT lines. It also doesn’t happen all the time.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

It is likely that it is the file that is telling the machine to make dashes. Can you share one of the files?

Are the dashes absolutely uniform like they would be if designed to be a dashed line, or is the result more like a hit or miss line?

2 Likes

Does the actual print / cut come out with dashed lines?..or do you mean they show up in the UI as dashed line? If it’s the latter, that is actually how the interface looks now. If they are solid lines and you have chose score, they may look like dashed lines but should score when printed.

1 Like

@jstus I would love to help you out with this, but I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible. Could you also send in a photo of the print once it is completed and, if possible, the file you are using?

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool.” Open the Snipping Tool > New, then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Looking forward to investigating this together!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.