Vehicle Scent Sticks for Essential Oils- -Makes Scents

The smell of cinnamon (and also peppermint) literally makes me gag. Not exaggerating.

I have to hold my breath when I walk into stores that have those “cinnamon brooms” out on display at the entrance.

My ex and daughter thought it was cute to hide one in my bedroom once. I couldn’t sleep in there until I found it and aired it out.

I do love the smell of lavender. I have that in my humidifier next to me in the living room.

2 Likes

I can’t stand lavender. But I really like sandalwood.

3 Likes

Thanks for this file! I cut out a few at 2 1/2" long and they clip into my car vents just fine! At first all I had handy was tea tree oil LOL! What size did you cut them originally?

Mine are just under 1.5”. I kind of designed them to fit the vents I had on hand, but if printed larger I can imagine more oil absorbs so you get stronger smell and possibly lasts longer. I will have to try printing larger too.
Sorry for the delayed response, Glowforge says I am commenting too much. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Discourse probably just wants you to have one response to many comments instead of multiple responses back to back.

(Discourse is the software used for the forum.)

1 Like

Precisely. The software (not Glowforge) limits repeated comments, as one combined would be sufficient.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

How long and to what extent did you have to let them “soak” to absorb the oils? Did you just drop a few on it or put it in a container to absorb through our the whole thing?

I used 2 drops of oil. I put one drop on, then once that soaked in I put a second drop and let that soak in. With the draftboard it only took a couple of minutes for both to soak in completely.

I found some cedar wood oil we had. Not quite the same as actual cedar wood. I had to verify on the bottle it wasn’t rotten cedar wood oil. Didn’t smell great! Not that old either, so I think actual cedar might work better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I bet it would be a hairy situation.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this great file! Making them for friends who love essential oils!

3 Likes

I am on the struggle bus trying to figure out how to download this! I don’t see it anywhere but my girlfriend would like to give it a try. Any hints?

Right-click on on the image below the post, and select save.

1 Like

Oh that’s a Jpeg, though. I didn’t think gf could read jpeg.

It’s an SVG, your browser is converting it.

Choose to save as SVG or try a different browser.

2 Likes

Very helpful, it worked. Thank you.

2 Likes

Very creative and practical.

Keep on Creating.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. These work really well!!!

1 Like

I use essential oils a lot ~ can’t wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you all for trying these out and for your feedback. I am glad so many are liking these.

I have been unfortunate to be on a business trip. It will be 3 weeks total that I will be gone and not able to forge! :cry: 2 weeks down! :slightly_smiling_face: