Ventilation Ducting

Thanks for this information. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s how I expected it as itā€™s the simplest approach but was not fully sure based on other conversations. I can live with that as long as I can leave the air filter in place and just adjust the vent on the back. I would be more concerned if I had to lift off the glowforge each time and remove the air vent when I wanted to use the window instead. Iā€™m sure there is vent shutters that I could possibly install if I wanted to simplify the process.

I donā€™t remember if thereā€™s been any communication about if the glowforge communicates with the air filter. If each is completely separate then itā€™s just switching the connector. If not, then thereā€™s something else to worry about.

There may be a clever dual blast gate air splitter fitting out there, youā€™ll need to be sure that it wonā€™t impede air flow much.

Iā€™m not sure about your setup, but my general advice is that if you can find any way at all to cut a dryer vent for the GF, itā€™s worth the effort. Itā€™s a one-and-done thing ā€“ once you do it, youā€™ll never need to worry about it again. If youā€™re renting, some people have even convinced landlords to let them cut one, most landlords will let you do anything for a price.

As a bonus, if you cancel the filter order and cut a vent, chances are youā€™ll have enough money left over to throw a decent party.

1 Like