Venting out a window temperature solutions?

It’s sooooooo…ooooo teeth chattering cold

I’m currently venting out my window with a towel in attempt to block out most of the cold but we’re have a glacier front and nothing is helping.

Has anyone come up with a solution to vent out their window in a more temperature controlled manner?
Eventually I would like a permanent solution so I’m not opening and closing my window every time I use the glowforge (maybe open a little door/vent) and I’d like to avoid buying an indoor filter.

Louvered vent covers work for me.

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=Louvered%20@evansd2

As I’ve mentioned many times, lol.

It’s -4F outside as I type this. I just open and close the window when I’m using the glowforge no matter the time of year.

6 Likes

Heh - someone else was just asking the same thing!

1 Like

Omg where did you get those :hugs::hugs::hugs: I have this huge ugly aluminum vent. Had to move it from the back side of the house to the front :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:.

1 Like

I made it with the glowforge. You do need a passthrough slot and either manual registration (which I did as this was pre-snapmarks) or snapmarks. It is just a piece of 3/16" plywood and spray paint. I guess you would only need the passthrough if you have any artistic talent, but as I have none I had to use the passthrough, again and again, to score stencils.

I’ve had my GF permanently on a similar setup for years, although it rarely gets that cold here in joy-ga. My ducting is about 35’ so the machine is fairly well “insulated” from outdoor conditions.

I open the lid and run the inline duct fan in spring and fall to draw air thru the house. I miss an attic fan.

1 Like

OK thank you so much I do have the pro :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

1 Like