Venting problem I had not worried about

So as you are probably aware we faced arctic doom this week. This morning have a 3.5hr job I kicked off and since it is 6 degrees outside figured I wanted to see the plume of engrave smoke out back. I looked out a window noticing that of course the vent was under a foot of snow drift… So out in my bathrobe with my Sorels on in the howling wind (I will spare all a photo of that) and dug out the vent… Glad I noticed that before the snow backed the smoke into the house… I will do a better job later when I am fully dressed with a shovel…

17 Likes

Yikes! I’m glad you spotted the minor issue before it became a major issue.

1 Like

Especially since the CO and smoke detectors are in the room with the GF. It’s linked into our central alarm (that would get the lazy kids up!)

6 Likes

GlowSnow

2 Likes

Another item for the I Knew That column. Real learning experience.

Lots of stuff has a way of biting you when you are holding down the grass to make a new path. Here in boggy bottom, the concern is non working flaps allowing critters access to a new hole to call home.

Thanks for sharing. I imagine a lot of the great white users are outside examining their own setup now.

3 Likes

Don’t really need a picture Henry, the description and mental image of Sorel Caribou and bath robe leave enough open to the imagination! :no_mouth:

Good heads up for everyone to check their vent. :+1:

4 Likes

Good adventure avoidance! (Although the bath robe in the cold might have been adventure enough.) :smile:

1 Like

As my wife said, luckily our neighbor is practically family, so probably won’t end up on youtube…

4 Likes