Vertical Laptop Stand

As many people are these days, I’ve been working from home. I have my company laptop and needed a stand that would work on my already-crowded desk. Here’s what I came up with…

This was made of some 1/4" acrylic and a little 1/8" PG walnut ply for added flair.

My main design goal was to have an almost infinitely adjustable design. I made two independent stands, but if you want a monolithic stand, no problem – just cut more pieces and glue them up. Want it made of wood, go for it. Have a bunch of scraps? Make a rainbow-colored version. Want it wider, taller, or a different size notch? Just use the precision resizing tool in the GF UI.

Vertical Laptop Stand

For personal use only as per forum rules . Seriously. Do not sell completed stands, kits, files, or use this for any commercial venture. Feel free to give away any that you make, however.

32 Likes

Great idea. Love the addition of the wood.

2 Likes

I like the clear acrylic look! :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

This design is lovely…very minimalistic and almost Scandanavian in its simplicity. Thanks for the file!

4 Likes

Oooo …Beware of Ikea spies :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Turned out great, I always love the combination of acrylic and wood. on thing i did in the past that turned out kinda neat imo, was to cut some nicely colored cardstock and place a piece of that between each layer of acrylic. adds a nice effect and a pop of color.

3 Likes

Ooooo, nice. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the sleek, practical cut.

2 Likes

The green edge “glass” acrylic would be great for this, but I didn’t have any.

4 Likes

Solid solution, Thank you for sharing.

1 Like