Very frustrated- Glowforge support takes long to respond and I’m losing my business and customers

Glowforge got stuck on scanning/centering and printer head not moving, I get a message that the camera didn’t take a picture, however I spend the last 2 days reading here and doing all the necessary steps to try to get it to work but nothing helped (from cleaning the lens/mirrors, restarted, unplugged and restarted pc and WiFi , loaded a different design, moved the head to the center(below the cameras). I have also turned everything off GF and laptop and rebooted internet, checked lid cable connections are clean, inserted correctly and appears undamaged) since I’m still getting the message of can not take picture I have a feeling this is either lid black cable needs to be replaced or the short ribbon white cable from camera , I contacted GF support and they take a whole day to respond , and all they responded with (do these steps) which is the same steps that I did , I can buy the Lid black cable but I can’t afford to wait a week for it (cause I’m losing my business and customers) so I’m reaching out asking their help to see if they can ship overnight and I will pay for it. I’m beyond frustrated and it’s just unacceptable to take that long to respond back , my next question how can you confirm if this is a Lid black cable or the ribbon white short cable from camera to the side ? anyone knows …

I have the black lid cable

I charge cost of cable + $10 and you pay whatever shipping you choose.
DM me.

Jonathan

2 Likes

Replacing the black lid cable is pretty much the only option.

There was never a reported incident where it was the cable to the camera.

4 Likes

(I’ll add - the lid cable can fail without any sign of damage. Someone sent me their broken one, replacement worked for them. I just poked around with a multimeter and verified broken traces but it appeared intact. It’s just a plastic coating over very fine copper traces.)

3 Likes

Black cable wizzing its way to him overnight!

:slight_smile:
Jonathan

4 Likes

had the same issue during Christmas ;( Waited a long time for a response and someone from the forum sent me the link for the original cable $30 only plus $5 shipping so I just bought the cable from resellers with 2 days delivery. It’s super easy to install. But first I wanted to purchase on Ebay for $110 with shipping

1 Like

Thanks for everything Jon!!! I’m hopping this going to fix the issue!

2 Likes

Is it stuck on centering or scanning? Scanning happens after centering and homing, which use the same lid camera and cable, so if it’s ever getting to scanning the problem is likely the wifi connection and not the cable.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! Yea I tried the WiFi and new setup but that didn’t help either , it’s mostly stuck on “centering” and I get a message where it says “the camera didn’t take a picture” so hopefully (I’m prying) replacing the lid cable going to fix this issue …

2 Likes

overnight showed after 2 days. and BOX WAS EMPTY! - insurance filed,
new box shipped, HOPEFULLY this one makes it there, before we have someone on a three state killing spree :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just wanted to update everyone here! First of all , shout out to Jon @Deleted!! he has helped me resolving this issue without even replacing the cable (I’m gonna call him GFgeek from now on :joy:), I’m back on business and happy that my glowforge is working fine. For those that wonder what we did to fix it, I had to get a contact cleaner spray ($6 from Walmart) and unplugged all the 5 connectors (3 black lid and 2 white short from camera) and gently sprayed all 5 connectors and let it dry out under the fan for a few hours per to Jon recommendation (and yea I have cleaned the connectors before I post here but that was not enough , so contact cleaner gave me different results, so def try that before buying a cable) . I HIGHLY recommend getting with @Deleted for any issues you have and he’s always down to help. Thanks a lot @Deleted!! By the way he shipped the cable twice!! (USPS fault for damaging the box on the first shipment)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.