VERY long Preparing your design time

I think you have some misunderstandings about how containers work and about what Google and Amazon are doing.

Containers or how Docker does containers? The thing that cracks me up is people think Docker invented the idea while other OS vendors have been doing it for a while. If I have it wrong I will have to call the guy over at Docker up and tell him he told us everything wrong.

As for what google and amazon are doingā€¦ Letā€™s see how well it works the week after next as thatā€™s usually the week where their servers get murdered.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you could teach them a thing or two about how to run servers at scale, starting with replacing containers with VMs to handle more connections. The mind boggles.

Soā€¦ twice now you are insinuating that I donā€™t know what I am talking about yetā€¦ you still havenā€™t attempted to explain your knowledge on the subject. You can feel free to assume I donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about all you want but Iā€™m not sure what your goal is. If you feel I have incorrectly stated something or lead someone astray please feel free to explain whatā€™s what. Just signing on to a forum and saying, ā€˜youā€™re wrongā€™ just to say someone is wrong seems rather pointless.

And since both Google and Amazon are customers of mineā€¦ I do happen to give them advice on such things from time to time. But heyā€¦ what do I knowā€¦ not overly relevant as the topic simply strayed from the original issue.

The fact of the matter HERE is that the issues we were encountering on Saturday did indeed seem load based as tasks done during the weekday were not able to be done on Saturday. Then miraculously on Sunday morning the same tasks worked again. Due to the nature of the product in use it would be a good bet that load was significantly higher on Saturday.

2 Likes

Working much better now, thank you!

Iā€™m glad to hear that! Iā€™m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!