Victorian styled Puzzlebox - Jules Verne

Hey,
I’m new here in this community.

I am a scriptwriter and media producer and bought my gf last october in the middle of lockdown in Germany to build some riddles/escape games/puzzleboxes as a hobby.

This here is my first fully designed puzzle box made on a gf:
The victorian box is dedicated to Jules Verne and his vision. As a storyteller I wanted the box not only to look right but also to feel right (as close as possible): I used mahagoni and cherry wood as well as 24k plat gold.

THE GOAL:
On top of the box there is a mini planetarium (sun, mars, venus, earth incl moon). The player’s ultimate goal is to get the planets into motion.
(I just wanted another and more interesting goal then just “open the box”)

RIDDLES/PUZZLES.
It’s a sequential puzzle. When the player solves a puzzle he gets items or clues to solve the next one - ore the solving of a puzzle unlocks the next one. There are 5 big puzzles with a total of 40 steps. The puzzles have different difficulty levels but overall its not an easy box. The average time of solving all puzzles is approx. 1:20h.

I’m pretty proud of this project so enjoy :slight_smile:

Niels Reinhard
IG: nielsreinhard

141 Likes

Beautiful! Will we see this on Mr Puzzle sometime soon?

8 Likes

An impressive work. Beautiful to look at.

5 Likes

Very Cool!

5 Likes

Wow, you certainly know how to make an entrance, this is outstanding.

Let’s say you wanted to make another starting now. How long would it take to complete? Curious about how complex the build is.

9 Likes

That is amazing! Well done!

7 Likes

This turned out awesome

8 Likes

Gorgeous and very impressive! What a way to introduce yourself. Welcome to the forum!

9 Likes

Oh my goodness! That’s absolutely incredible! Well done! :grinning: :+1:

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing this fantastic project. Lockdown was a very productive time for you it would seem. In spite of all of the lovely photos you shared, what I really want is to hold this box and view it up close from all angles.

10 Likes

This is utterly amazing. Thank you for also including the video. It is beautful, complicated, and very well done.

Welcome to the forum and please keep sharing your work.

Celeste

10 Likes

That’s an amazing piece of art, and so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

10 Likes

Welcome to the fun house! That is an amazing work of art! Great detail, and theme. :star_struck:

9 Likes

You have every reason to be Proud of this. I really like the side with the moon and the 2 canons.

6 Likes

Wow!

7 Likes

Amazing!

10 Likes

The aesthetics alone are fantastic, let alone the mechanisms. Amazing job!

7 Likes

A fitting tribute to a master futurist storyteller. Congratulations @niels.reinhard and welcome to the community. We look forward to more of your interesting wirk!

10 Likes

Wow, this is incredible. My mind is completely blown! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

8 Likes

Terrific! Wish I could play with one!

5 Likes