VIP Maker Faire Bay Area tickets

Nice. If you thought you had a lot of “I could make that with my Glowforge… and that… and that…” moments before, you’re in for quite the weekend!

I’m hoping to go and it would be neat to meet other Glowfolk there. Oh, and take lots of pictures!

Looks like the main attraction details are:

Laser Leathercraft, Woodwork, and Jewelry - Live!
From an audience suggestion to jewelry, artwork, and leathercraft in 15 minutes.

Saturday, May 21 1:00 pm - 1:25 pm Zone 2 Make: Electronics

Video game artist Shell Meggersee-Biggs turns your ideas into one-of-a-kind creations in leather, wood, and fabric while Glowforge CEO Dan Shapiro shows how you can do it too.

https://makerfaire.com/maker/entry/55517/

1 Like

We’ll be there on Saturday and already bought tickets. Looking forward to meeting you.

1 Like

Going with full family (wife, 6 year old and 2 year old). So doing a meetup may be tricky, but I would be up for seeing some faces behind the forums.

Not sure I will do any events of any kind, except maybe the school makerspace thing Friday morning. I imagine with two kids to keep amused, and a whole faire to observe… just wandering aimlessly will be plenty.

Already bought my tickets, so I’ll see y’all there!

Will GlowForge be demonstrating the GlowForge laser on the East Coast at all this year? Would sure love to see GlowForge at the National Maker Faire in Washington, DC this June 18 and 19.

1 Like

I’d schlep equipment for free. Vendor signup is through May 27th. Would even volunteer to use one of the demos as a Beta test unit so the return shipping cost could be avoided. I know what your thinking…, What a guy. :grin:

4 Likes

Too bad the June shipment slipped. I’d was somewhat planning to take my 'Forge to that event.

1 Like

So glad forum members are going who can be counted on to report back to the rest of us! :smiley:

2 Likes

Will stop by to check out.

We’ll be at Maker Faire NYC, but not the DC one (at least not planned yet).

4 Likes

I have been to this event every year since it started (ten years now!). I already have my tickets, so I’ll see you all there and take pictures for those of you who aren’t there.

6 Likes

+1 vote to go to the National Maker Faire! NYC is 4 hours from me, where the DC one is somewhere between 30 to 2 hours from me (cough DC traffic cough). Would LOVE to see a Glowforge in action and discuss how things are made.

1 Like

Hooray! I’ll coincidentally be in NYC the same dates as the MakerFaire there! Will definitely be going.

2 Likes

I’m definitely coming to the Seattle Maker Faire!

This is so awesome Jacob. Rather than just being greedy like the rest of us, you selflessly act to help someone else have a chance at going. Nicely done sir!

2 Likes

More of a “had a good plan, didn’t stick to it” which I am GREAT at doing. I was going to wait till hearing about this and maybe save a few bucks. But I got too “kid in a candy store” about the event.

But, hey. I can take credit for being a nice guy :wink:

7 Likes

Hmmm. The wife can’t quite understand why I don’t just jump on an airplane for this weekend’s Maker Faire. Let’s see, airline, hotel, rental car, only about $1500 on a whim? Just figured out why I’m driving a 10 year old car with 250,000 miles. At least DC and NY won’t need the plane.

5 Likes

Some whims are worth any expense.

Though if I was doing this by myself, I may not have decided to go. Having my 6 year old share the experience is what made me stop seeing price tags.

6 Likes

Yay! I’ll be there for e-nable (3D printed prosthetic hands) so I’ll definitely stop by.

3 Likes

Im in Connecticut. Makerfaire NYC for me.

3 Likes

i am in mass would prefer a Boston visit but NYC eh ill have to flip that coin

3 Likes