VIP Maker Faire Bay Area tickets

I’m sure DFW wouldn’t hurt for a visit if you’re making a list :wink:

3 Likes

That is a great offer.
I already purchased my tickets early to get the early bird discount. The plan is to come by your booth Saturday to see what’s in store for me/us. I plan to join a friend and his young son and walk to the Bay Area Maker Faire from their house in San Mateo. They are excited to finally attend.

1 Like

Right? Both coasts are so far!

I’ll definitely be going to both the DC and the NYC maker faires!! The Bay Area faire is totally on my bucket list, but more on a “in a few years” rather than a “right this weekend!” timeline, haha.

1 Like

I’ve confirmed that I can stay with a friend in San Jose this weekend (28 miles from San Mateo). I will trade room and board for the following:

1. Transport one rescue tortoise from San Diego to San Jose :turtle:
  2. Assist in bee hive honey harvest :bee:

Tortoise rescue, honey harvest, and a maker faire? Best. Weekend. Ever.

Update:

The plans for tortoise transport fell through, but I did get to meet this little guy. He goes by “text.” A 6 year-old named him. :slight_smile:

I also tried my hand at harvesting honey. We collected 1 gallon (and still left plenty for the bees). :upside_down:

As for the Maker Faire and the Glowforge booth…both were awesome and totally exceeded my expectations! Thanks!! :star2:

16 Likes

Those sound like excellent trades

1 Like

Can’t wait to see you there, make sure you say hi!

Yay! So glad you’re going to make it, that’s awesome.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m going through the list and sending out tickets now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll be there as an exhibitor–I’ll stop by one of the days for a high-five!

5 Likes

Which booth?

https://makerfaire.com/maker/entry/55105/

We’re planning on doing on-site birdhouse builds, since we don’t think we can get one of our dev boxes through TSA. :smirk:

3 Likes

Birdhouses? Very cool! I will be sure to stop by the booth.

3 Likes

Looks like I missed this post by a day. Oh well, I’ll be there all day Sunday. I’m definitely stopping your by to see the Glowforge in action, and more importantly meet some of the cool people working to make the Glowforge a reality.

4 Likes

I’ve never been to a maker fair… I think i will have to make plans to go next year. Being in Ohio, it looks like one of the East Coast maker fairs will be my best bet… shrugs We shall see what this next year brings! :smiley:

1 Like

my 1 year old does the same for me lol, otherwise I wouldn’t be on this fine forum :wink:

1 Like

IMPORTANT CHANGE: our presentation, “Laser Leatherwork, Woodworking, & Jewelry - LIVE!” will now take place at 10:30 am on Saturday, May 21st at the MAKE: Live! stage.

6 Likes

Too bad they won’t make it to the Detroit Maker faire for you :disappointed: They should be at the New York one though (that’s a bit closer than Bay area!)

1 Like

Thank you so much @bailey for the free ticket on Friday. Being from Norway I had never attended a maker faire before and it was AMAZING. Being there, among other creative people, just feeling the vibe of the place, the atmosphere, made me happy. I had a completely brilliant time.

It was fantastic seeing the GF live for the first time and meeting some of the amazing people at GF. You guys are awesome! Thank you =)

12 Likes

So fun to meet you and SO GLAD you had an amazing time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes