Visit your local plastics supplier

@bill.m.davis @eflyguy @Livein3D

I thought of you three today. I was in KC and had lunch at Jack Stack.

@eflyguy This was on the side of my doggie bag

I figured if you can’t make it to the restaurant , then maybe the restaurant can come to you.

2 Likes

I bought one of their catalogs home with me on one trip…

Unfortunately, pre-cooked then shipped bbq isn’t great, but fortunately, I can do just as well myself! :smiley:

Now Lou Malnoti’s… mmmm… I’ve spent way more than I care to admit on frozen mail-order pizza pie!

2 Likes

You are right, it isn’t as good as fresh and I agree… home smoked is way better. My uncle used to live in Seattle and would overnight fresh crab and lobster to us, being many hundreds of miles from any coast, it was fantastic.

1 Like

Yum! So close but yet you didn’t arrange for a lunch meetup?! I’m so disappointed. …maybe “we” are all disappointed?? @bill.m.davis @eflyguy

@eflyguy never heard of Lou Malnoti’s …can’t imagine frozen mail-order pizza pie ---- chicago style?

Hubby smoked some ribs last weekend…but will have a craving for burnt ends soon now that you mention it. :wink:

@marmak3261 if you need me to make a trip to Jack Stack so you can have a coupon code; just let me know…I’ll do that just for you. LOL

4 Likes

It was basically a burn and turn trip. I was meeting a family from Iowa that was getting a puppy from us. The next time I’m up that way maybe we can all meet for lunch.

2 Likes

Sundays are pretty busy with the family for us, but that sounds like it would have been a lot of fun!

I’m usually in KC any day but Sunday, but this was the only time the other family could meet.

I was out in Blue Springs until about lunch time taking high school cap & gown graduation photos of a cousin…normally I am home unless there isn’t a pandemic brewing and then my husband and I could be on a weekend trip — we love to drive our Tesla and this car is going to have mega miles on it by the time it is 5 years old at this rate. About 19 months old (and haven’t taken a trip this year although 2 were planned and cancelled) and only have put in one “day trip” #42 has just over 38K miles on the car.

3 Likes

I’m constantly on the road to somewhere. Last year I put 47K on my truck.

1 Like

I spent 13 years in Chicago and didn’t have Lou Malnotti pizza until after I moved away. When I was there, it was Gino’s (less than a block from my apartment) and Giordanos. I may have to order some Lou Malnotti because now I am craving pizza.

I’ve only been to Chi-town a few times. but on my first trip, I was told to “bring back food stuffs.”

The sales rep I went to help out (who happens to be the mother of a world-famous athlete) drove us around, and on the last day I told her of my “mission.” Without hesitation, she told me to get some “Lou-to-go.” Confused, she explained it’s frozen and shipped in a foam cooler with dry ice. It would be there before I got home!

Turns out I had sampled it before - but I never realized the significance. One of my friends ordered a bunch for their wedding shower party thing. My best friend (RIP) would also order it regularly. Their closest friend had brought a bunch down in a suitcase (picked up on the way to the airport), and that was the last evening I spent with him and his family.

I made a point to visit a location on one trip. I can’t compare to other local pie as I’ve never tried it. I do love me some Lou, however… :grin:

1 Like

HOW…and I mean HOW do you have time to play with the laser…??? I have troubles having time right now and I haven’t been working…I can’t even seem to get all the masks made I wanted to make for the 6 of us (plus a few extra for relatives).

1 Like

I’ve been retired for almost ten years and I’m busier now than I ever was working, but I’m busy doing what I want to do now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.