Wall electronics pocket / coffee shelf / sofa side table?

:sweat_smile: Not sure what to call it, but I needed some way to corral my electronics that could also hold a coffee mug or some such. Balancing everything on the sofa arm is quite precarious! At first I was thinking a magazine rack could hold the tablet, but not a mug. Then I thought that just a wall shelf would be nice, but I’d have to juggle those pesky electronics and move everything around if I wanted to set a mug down. Finally I came up with this! I designed it with variables in the beta Cuttle.xyz, and added a lotus from the GF Premium icon selection.

I made the first slot a bit thicker to hold the remote (and tablet pen in the back), next is my tablet, 3rd is the phone, 4th is the Kindle. By having the tabs lock into holes instead of more tabs it creates a stronger connection that won’t pivot out of itself. The back is screwed into drywall anchors, then the rest of it was assembled on the wall. Turns out if you are going to hammer tabs into place against a back piece screwed into drywall, the screws will eat the drywall holes until they fall out, amhik​:wink::grin:.

Oh, and it is just wide enough fro a cup of coffee and a small plate of cookies :sunglasses:

57 Likes

I dig it for the practicality of it. It also makes me nervous knowing how many things tend to heat up when charging.

3 Likes

Very clever. I love it!! Do you have a website where you sell your designs?

2 Likes

This is brilliant! Something useful that still looks good is already a goal and you crushed it!

4 Likes

@n_dawson Thanks! I appreciate the worry about electronics getting hot when charging. There is a 1/2" slot that each fits into, and I only charge them when I need to, rarely overnight. I’ll keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t start smoking on it’s own one day!

@celestial1.ch I don’t have this one listed at the moment since the kerf was a bit tighter than I’d like, but I sell digital files through the Etsy shop linked in my profile :heart_eyes_cat: I only have few at the moment!

@RyanD Thank you! I figure that giving it multiple uses would be even better, but I’m mostly relieved I can finally consistently find my tablet pen so I can draw up more puzzles! :joy_cat:

5 Likes

I really love this idea!!!

3 Likes

very clever and pretty!

3 Likes

This is wonderful

4 Likes

Terrific! Mother Necessity appears again and You and your GF solves the problem! Fantastic!

3 Likes

Awesome design!

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the addition of the lotus.

3 Likes

Thank you @JimmyWayneWestie , @Rita , @cindyhodesigns , @MakerMatthew , @rvogt , and @ptodd for your compliments :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

I added in the lots last minute, and was being lazy by not designing it myself and just using the Premium Icons. It is nice that there are some solid black icons that can be cut out completely, but also that the individual components could be moved around. I’m still a bit persnickety with the shape and placement of the petals and leaves, aka I couldn’t leave well enough alone :sweat_smile::joy_cat:

4 Likes

Very nice idea!

3 Likes