Walnut Veneer Engraving too Deep on AURA

The Proofgrade settings on my Aura for Walnut Veneer engraving went right through the material. What setting would I change to stop this from happening? Thank you so much.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t have the aura but when engravings are too deep you either need to speed up your setting or cut back on the power.

9 Likes

Or both. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And also email support if you’re using Proofgrade veneer, the combo of settings and materials is supposed to be guaranteed.

6 Likes

Thanks, I will do this. Their guaranteed settings did not work and I could use some advice on which settings to tweak. Besides power and speed, there is also lines per inch to factor in.

1 Like

I do literally everything at 270. You get smoother engraves by jumping up, but if you’re happy with the look don’t change LPI.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for this advice. Have you found you can still paint in the engraved areas at this LPI setting if you want? As an aside, the current LPI engrave setting for the proofgrade walnut veneer is at 405 lines per inch on my Aura.

1 Like

Auras are a very different machine so not sure how settings translate, but definitely to the painting in 270lpi engraves

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.