Wanting to cut but next to print it say uploading forever

Brand new owner here- at this point I want to cut anything even if just a line! I used the pro software to draw a line in my material- did the cut settings, chose uncertified material, chose the thickness, and it just says “uploading” forever… I cant hit print. I am not trying to upload anything I just want to cut a line at this point and I started from a new/blank design multiple times just trying to get it to cut a line… It wont do anything it just stays stuck in uploading

You’re going to want to do the Gift of Good Measure (it’s in your dashboard) on some PG material. Don’t select any settings, put the material in - if the barcode doesn’t automatically select the material, then go to the drop down and type in the name and then select it. There will be a few commands on the left that say cut/engrave/score - don’t change anything. Click the 3 dot menu at the top and select Set Focus, then place the focus mark where you want the design to cut. Then hit print.

Report back here either with pictures of your finished item, or the date/time of your attempted print. Then when a staffer gets here they can look at the logs and see what’s up!

Start with the tutorials that walk you through your first three prints.

1 Like

Don’t know if this will help and it is completely based on my observations and opinions … so take it for what it worth! :wink:

I have noticed over the last several days the internet as a whole is getting really bogged down. Typically when I sent a print to the :glowforge: it takes a couple of minutes max before I can hit the glowing button.

On Wed it took almost 10 min for the print to be ready and it was nothing complex.

With everyone staying home bandwidth is a scarce commodity and I belive that it is having a direct effect on the speed with which I can get stuff to print on my :glowforge:

Just my 2 cents … oh, and my neighborhood is all on the same cable internet system which REALLY doesn’t help!!

1 Like

I’m sorry that you’re running into trouble while attempting to complete your first print.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the issue and I see that your unit was able to connect to our servers successfully. I don’t see any information in the logs to suggest that your Glowforge is losing its connection, but depending on internet traffic levels you may run into longer print times.

So I can understand a little more about the circumstances surrounding the trouble, could you please perform the test @deirdrebeth outlined above? If the print is unable to succeed you should see an error message appear. Please allow several minutes if the “Uploading” step is taking longer than expected, and let us know the date and time you tried to print the “Gift of Good Measure”.

Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.