Water Mill (Original)

After making a second “mill” last week, I got out the first model I ever made on the Glowforge and took some new pics. I don’t know if my models are any better, but I think my photography is. :slight_smile:

I had wanted a laser for about ten years so when I finely got this one last year I had a lot of ideas in my head. This was the first thing I tried to design and build and frankly I was a little surprised by how well it turned out. It took about a week but I had a pretty good idea that I would spend a few years making more.

This model is available in the “Free Laser Designs” section of the forums here if anyone wants to play with it (or see the original photos).

.125” Birch, .125” Basswood, .125 Acrylic, .06” Basswood, craft book paper.

77 Likes

Absolutely amazing!

7 Likes

Great build, and amazing photos!

7 Likes

yep, as I said on your last post, amazing design, build, painting, staging and photography.

Also, the water splashes on the wheel are phenomenal!!

5 Likes

What a wonderful model! I look forward to each of your new buildings—they are always outstanding.

5 Likes

I really enjoy the little buildings that you have been making. Even the close-up pictures show your painting skills. How did you make the water that is on the water wheel look so real?

4 Likes

Your presentation - the photo backdrops - are almost as impressive as the actual building.

5 Likes

Awesome bokeh pics!

6 Likes

Just…wow!

2 Likes

Amazing for a first try!

2 Likes

Just, wow.

Your miniatures are just amazing, and I agree, your photography skills are top notch!

5 Likes

Beautiful work!

1 Like

Just amazing! I agree with @sqw that the water splashes on the wheel are phenomenal!!

3 Likes

Wow! And thanks for sharing it! I didn’t realize it was in the “free designs” section. I wonder how many other great things in there I’ve missed? Hmmm… :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks! For the wheel itself, I used “Water Effects” from Woodland scenics.

For the “water” at the base of the wheel I used “DAP” Ultra clear (bathroom caulk).

5 Likes

Just fantastic!

1 Like

Wow. as ever, impressive.

1 Like

Beautiful photos! Nice to see your creation again …just fabulous!

1 Like

I am totally captivated by your amazing work! The details in every area set your work apart and make it extra special!

1 Like