Wavy Text and Images

I just recently started getting wavy text and images out of nowhere. I cleaned out the rails the wheels slide on because I read somewhere that could cause it, but its still doing in? Any thoughts, help? Please and thank you. Pic attached.

1 Like

I think I’ve read that can be caused by a loose belt. Maybe check that?

4 Likes

the belts seem fine from what I can tell. In the process of messing with it I broke a wheel so thats pretty sweet.

Cracked wheels can cause this, too.

3 Likes

ahhh… I wonder if it was cracked then it broke…

1 Like

Yeah, that’s quite possible. Unfortunately, you can’t order wheels on the website. You’ll have to wait for support to arrange it for you.

1 Like

ugh… I found some on Etsy or is that a horrible idea?

I’m really not sure. I’m one of the fortunate ones who hasn’t cracked a wheel yet. I suppose you could try them and see. But you might want to see how quickly support could get some to you, first. I think OEM is always better.

2 Likes

Awesome. thanks. I contacted support, now we play the waiting game.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I hope you get it resolved soon.

1 Like

FYI, opening a topic here in #problems-and-support opens a ticket in their system exactly as an e-mail does. Better to just do one or the other. They’ll consider this thread a duplicate ticket and close it since they’ll need to verify personal information.

2 Likes

There is a 3d print model, on Thingiverse.com (thing 4676993), that we have had great success with. If you know someone with a 3d SLA printer, they can be printed very quickly. Be careful, though, one printed on a filament printer are prone to failure due to the layered print process.

Hi Ed,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today. From what I’m reading it sounds like you are having issues with the wheels on your carriage plate.

When I first looked at the print results that was my immediate thought as to what was happening as well. It was most likely already cracked before you removed the belt to observe it. It can sometimes cause the print to come out wobbly like you were experiencing.

I can go ahead and help you order one from Glowforge. You should see an email in your inbox shortly with the information I need to order that wheel.

I’m going to go ahead and close this ticket now.

Regards,