Wax Seal Stamp!

I made myself a wax seal stamp with Delrin. It came out awesome! I love the detail I can get out of something so small. This is about 1.125" diameter and the “teeth” in the outer ring are TINY.

83 Likes

Nice! Can we see the actual stamp?

7 Likes

That looks great!

2 Likes

Oh yeah, really came out nice! Delrin really works well for this application. What a cool addition to your packaging this is!

4 Likes

Classy looking. :grinning:

5 Likes

This is very cool. Is the red Delrin? Or did you make a Delrin stamp then press into the red stuff?

2 Likes

Love it! And the stamp really takes your label up a couple more levels of coolness!
Do you stamp this on your leather, too? Or laser etch it into the leather?

I have to get some Delrin. I’ve been laser etching my logos into (most) of my leather goods since I got my GF (esp. since most of the leather I use is not suited to stamping), though I had been using a stamp I had made on some items–pending the use, stamping is better!

2 Likes

Here you go, I just glued it to a wooden dowel and it works great! Maybe in the future I’ll use a nicer turned piece of wood but this works in a pinch.

22 Likes

The red is glue gun “wax”. You can get it in a rainbow of colors, cool stuff!

5 Likes

Looks fine to me haha, a tool is a tool. You could always glue it and then turn the dowel down later. Assuming you have access to a lathe that is.

And that end result is really stunning! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m used to using a brass stamp that I keep cold so the glue/wax doesn’t stick. Is there something to put on the Delrin for an easier release? The glue can hold fairly firm to the stamp sometimes making it little hard to pull out. I have to peel it out carefully.

2 Likes

I do stamp it into my leather. I’ve got a Maker’s Mark that I’ve been using for years. I kind of like the quality embossed leather has over a laser engraved as well.

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I’m not concerned about the handle. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that some silicone spray and let dry would have it pop off easily :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, silicone spray is what I’d try first. I did make a Delrin wax stamp quite some time ago but I didn’t try a release spray. While it did stick a bit, it came off okay. My design was not nearly as detailed as yours though.

4 Likes

This is really cool! I might have to give this a try!

2 Likes

Didn’t know this existed, definitely makes the process easier specially when you have to stamp a bunch in a row!
Thanks for sharing! It looks great!

3 Likes

Dry moly lube?? :wink:

1 Like

And you have problems with glue sticking? perhaps sealing wax would work better?

1 Like

These are special sticks used specifically for this purpose. https://artisaire.com/collections/sealing-wax/products/antique-gold-glue-gun-sealing-wax#description

It doesn’t stick to where I can’t get it off, just doesn’t release without a little encouragement.

6 Likes