We have the first factory-produced Pro units in the office

Would guess the lack of a picture is intentional. Nothing sinister and no conspiracy theories please. A smart marketing person doesn’t publish a picture of the first of anything in a forum like this. And Glowforge hasn’t in the past. We might get a heads up a day before someone else gets their exclusive look. Think investor meeting, public event, tech news, etc.

14 Likes

exaaaaactly

5 Likes

There have been many non-marketing-quality photos and videos of early, non-production Glowforges from, literally, day one.

2 Likes

And prior

12 Likes

There are three pro units right now in the office, in more than three pieces.

No… that was just the quality of our marketing back then. :slight_smile:

But AFAIK nobody’s taken any pictures of the Pro units, before or after they were dismantled.

12 Likes

There’s that Haas (VM2?) machine! I swore I had seen Dan standing near a Haas mill at some point, but when I went to look for it (during the “kerfuffle”) I couldn’t find it.
Is that a screenshot from a video or something?

2 Likes

maybe, he’s talked about their toyshop a few times

It’s from the first article I ever read about the Glowforge. TechCrunch- May 2015

2 Likes

Hi Dan. Do you foresee any issues with the tube replacement arrangements for the Pro compared to the Basic, given it has a different Tube and Cooling?

Looking to an update on some of the outstanding software developments (for Basic and Pro)…

1 Like

Yes - we still have it at our old office, aka “Glowforge South”.

No, there aren’t any differences between the processes.

8 Likes