We have the first factory-produced Pro units in the office

As you might imagine, no sooner did it arrive than the engineers ripped it apart. It’s like Dr. Frankenstein’s lab for Glowforges here.

25 Likes

Well…when they put it back together again (unlike that poor egg fellow), we would love to see it – and I for one am really excited to hear comments from Beta testers and pre-releasers (when they start to get out into the world).

8 Likes

Oh come on show us the guts in all their glory :slight_smile: (based on possible IP disclosure concerns I can understand that you would not share that yet)

3 Likes

I would even just like a photo of the front plate showing the pass-through slot. We’ve seen the photos of the guts of the GF, it’s the passthrough that is likely the only thing different from the Basic.

Unless your team is savagely destroying the Pro in this process.

3 Likes

i suspect your entreaty comes far too late :smiley:

1 Like

It involves a sledgehammer :wink: how else were you planning on opening yours for a tube swap?

5 Likes

Your engineer must be related to me. That is what I usually do first with a new tool!

Did you tell him he just voided the Warrenty? :-)))

12 Likes

Too bad somebody didn’t have the foresight to photograph it first.

6 Likes

Might be more interesting seeing it in pieces!

4 Likes

Somebody did.

They weren’t in the room though.

8 Likes

The engineer didn’t get over excited and disassemble them too I hope! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nope… engineer got to the camera first… (and took it apart) :smiley:

8 Likes

I think we’ve identified the source of our GlowForge delays :wink:

8 Likes

Your as bad as AvE on YouTube :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

“It” as in singular? Didn’t the announcement say “units” as in plural?

1 Like

don’t read too much into it; factory lines are unlikely to produce single units even as a test

4 Likes

Right, but then why use that as a reason for not posting the photo?

Not trying to be too pessimistic, but I’m not the most trusting at this point.

3 Likes

i’m sure they got a few in to dismantle and test, with some quick photos shot. but because the photos weren’t taken for marketing purposes, who knows what may be visible in the background. maybe the units are dirty. who could say? either way there’s a million reasons that there isn’t anything to post about. i don’t see anything to worry about. besides what’s the picture going to show, besides a basic glowforge with a flap on the front

4 Likes

And the back right? My 60W has one on either side so I can pass through. Otherwise it’s just a slightly oversized material accommodation.

4 Likes

From what I recall (take that for what it’s worth) Dan said that Flex had issues with pictures of the production line because they build for many companies, and couldn’t allow it because of IP protection of their other customers.
By the way, I have an old friend who was involved with international electronics manufacturing for his entire career, and asked me who was building the glowforge. When I told him Flex, he smiled big and said “you have nothing to worry about”.

11 Likes